X11 News

DanDearborn

The year is rapidly coming to and end and thus far I haven't seen or heard anything at all about X11. Usually by this time Chief has released the highlights of the new features.  Generally speaking over the years (IMHO) the less Chief has had to say about a pending release, the more underwhelming it turns out to be. Offering concrete information regarding a pending release creates trust. On the other hand, refusing to do so demands faith. Call me crazy, but I only have faith when I am using other people's money........

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, rwdozier said:

Check out what it says here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/offers/

For the lazy, if you click the link, Chief has plastered the page with this... "*Chief Architect X11 release scheduled for Q1 2019"

I personally get the feeling it's going to be a pretty big upgrade along with an interface overhaul to hopefully get away from the early 2000's cartoonish look we're sporting now.

(just my spider senses tingling, that is)

3 hours ago, Michael_Gia said:

For the lazy, if you click the link, Chief has plastered the page with this... "*Chief Architect X11 release scheduled for Q1 2019"

I personally get the feeling it's going to be a pretty big upgrade along with an interface overhaul to hopefully get away from the early 2000's cartoonish look we're sporting now.

(just my spider senses tingling, that is)

We can hope. ^_^

They typically have it released, at least in Beta, for the National Builders Show. This year it's in Vegas on Feb 19th. They have a very large presentation booth, look at the exhibit floor plans for the North Hall.

So I too am expecting a pretty big release. I don't know about the interface though. I'm not convinced they felt the need to update it, yet. But maybe they remodeled it after the Archicad, Revit, Bricscad ribbon theme. That would leave Vectorworks with the award for worst Graphical User Interface.

But......but....a big release inevitably means lots of bugs. So no moaning and groaning when it comes out. We asked for features and tools. Let's help the programmers with feedback and bug reports, not bitching and moaning.

Cheers. Merry Xmas.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Electromen said:

I renewed SSA two days ago, so I'm interested in a Preview.

5 hours ago, builtright3 said:

I'm paid up and ready for the upgrade!!! Another Christmas present to unwrap!!!

anyone may apply to be on the Beta Team , if interested in the Beta, and your SSA is Valid, (For more than 3 months???) you can/have to send a request email to beta@chiefarchitect.com

WHY DID I PAY SSA FOR TWO YEARS WHEN I COULD HAVE SAVED BY SHIPPING A YEAR?

Upgrade your Chief Architect Premier by Dec. 31 Jan. 7 and save 20%. Offer Extended!

Upgrade From Price Before Jan. 8 Price Jan. 8 Total Savings
X9

$695 $556

• Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, Electromen said:

WHY DID I PAY SSA FOR TWO YEARS WHEN I COULD HAVE SAVED BY SHIPPING A YEAR?

Upgrade your Chief Architect Premier by Dec. 31 Jan. 7 and save 20%. Offer Extended!

Upgrade From Price Before Jan. 8 Price Jan. 8 Total Savings
X9

$695 $556

You could have also skipped 10 years and "saved" like $3,000-$4,000 but you would have also missed out on every upgrade during that time, on priority technical support during that time, and on all the bonus libraries during that time among other things. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

You could have also skipped 10 years and "saved" like $3,000-$4,000 but you would have also missed out on every upgrade during that time, on priority technical support during that time, and on all the bonus libraries during that time among other things. 

I've been using CA since 1997, I don't use technical support, don't need it.

In my business, I give long term customers a better price.  I don't reward  ones that leave and come back.

• Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, Electromen said:

I don't reward  ones that leave and come back

Unfortunately this is common Practice it seems , as it's the same with my Cellphone or TV/Internet Plans...new subscribers can get a better deal than long term Customers and it certainly gives you second thoughts as too why, however, in this case it is X9 > X10, so is only one year, not 2, you only get X11 later this Quarter, as you'd have current SSA, if you went X9 > X11 after April it would cost you $1195 i think it is?......  getting SSA every year is always a slightly better deal , I have looked at it hard a few times myself, unless they have some spectacular Sale like on now but I don't remember a Sale like this one last year so it may not happen every year?.

It IS frustrating.  Comcast is a good example.  Every few years I switch from a residential to a business account and vice versa just to get a better deal.  Tonight, I signed my wife up for a food vendor that I buy from regularly just to get 30% off for new customers.  It worked, the only difference is her email and name, instead of mine.

• Downvote 1

My wife has these coupons down to a science. Before entering any store she signs up for their mailing list o downloads their app. When we're half way through the store shopping she receives a $20 coupon. She received "Kohls cash" to match every dollar she spends. We eat out 3 times a week for $25 for a family of four at Applebees, Ruby Tuesday, and Outback. Today she received a $20 coupon for Pottery Barn while we were on the checkout line buying a blanket for my daughter. She cancels our satelite radio subscription the day before it's set to auto renew at full price every single time. They call her next day and give her a crazy new deal to keep her enrolled. It's insane. But I can't keep up with here. But cable TV screws us no matter what.

If I put her in charge of my expenses she would have Chief sending me X12 in advance, at no cost and I'd already have 5G phone service. But then she'd also see all the purchases that she's not supposed to know about....drones, planes, helicopters, surfboards.....