Exterior staircase

mtldesigns

8 hours ago, mtldesigns said:

Maybe I missed it..  but I looked through this forum and Chiefs Knowledge base on how to display an exterior staircase from the second floor plan.  Do I have to create a "open below room" with invisible walls???? 

Thanks in advance

show it with a ref set

• Upvote 1

I draw walls on the first floor where I want the steps to go to then copy the walls to the second floor, go back to the first floor and draw my steps, then to the second floor and make open below, after that make all walls invisible around steps

9 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Scott, that's why you are a genus and scholar of all Chief things

Thank you my friend,  now will you please return our Chargers?

Rams 11-3 & Chargers 11-3,  you folks up in LA are having a very good year.  It may be an all L.A. Super Bowl......  I hope I didn't jinx you guys.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sorry, had training all day, so just now seeing the experts replies.  

I attached a couple views..  I thought of showing the reference floor plan also, but that shows everything from the first floor.  I know I can turn those layers off in the reference set, but really didn't want to.  Maybe at the end, when I create dwgs, I can do that.

This is the beginning of a small 2 unit building design, that's why I am needing a exterior stairs. 

first floor.jpg

second floor w ref set.jpg

second floor.jpg

iso view.jpg

4 hours ago, mtldesigns said:

Sorry, had training all day, so just now seeing the experts replies.  

I attached a couple views..  I thought of showing the reference floor plan also, but that shows everything from the first floor.  I know I can turn those layers off in the reference set, but really didn't want to.  Maybe at the end, when I create dwgs, I can do that. 

This is the beginning of a small 2 unit building design, that's why I am needing a exterior stairs. 

first floor.jpg

second floor w ref set.jpg

second floor.jpg

iso view.jpg

I suspect you're not really taking full (or any) advantage of your Saved Plan Views?  Not sure why you would be averse to turning off all the unnecessary layers in your reference set otherwise.  You can use different references sets for different plan views, and you can also use different layer sets as your reference set.  Just set up a plan view that uses a special reference layer set with only those stairs turned on.