Cabinet Door gap discrepancy?

M-Ferioli

I've noticed that the gap between the cabinet doors is different if I have and opening with double doors vs a partition to split the opening.  Reveal is set to 1/16th inch and I'm using frameless full overlay for this example.  With a partition I get about a 1/16th gap, without the partition I get a much smaller gap.  Doesn't seem to be any setting for this unless I missed it.  Either way I don't see any reason it should be different.

Thanks!

466031877_ScreenShot2018-12-18at6_14_59PM.thumb.png.e1e73747e97bc8420b373f509b928511.png

1410564277_ScreenShot2018-12-18at6_15_22PM.thumb.png.acffea80c9a717fd1c33e70bffb34b1d.png 

I think you've stumbled on one of the only scenarios where that setting doesn't appear to make sense.  The fact is that in the absence of a stile between the doors or a manually placed separation, Chief seems to default to a 1/64" gap between double doors.  You might want 1/16" with your frameless full overlay, but would you want 3/8" with a 3/8" reveal or would you want a traditional face frame to have a huge gap between the doors? 

I suppose we could have a setting to control that reveal, but I'm about as picky as they come and I don't think I would ever personally care enough about that to warrant requesting anything different. 

I noticed this while rendering some white cabinets.  I couldn't figure out why the separation between some doors was hard to see in certain lighting while others stood out no problem.  I'm not advocating for a user control but figured I'd ask just incase I was missing something.  Seems like its just a case of some limited coding that could have been written better.

Thanks for confirming I'm not crazy!

1 hour ago, M-Ferioli said:

I'm not advocating for a user control but figured I'd ask just incase I was missing something.  Seems like its just a case of some limited coding that could have been written better.

You can adjust reveals using blank areas if it's important enough. I don't usually bother with that condition but worth knowing about. I've asked for independent control of reveals -not likely to happen. I only bother with it for tops of cabinets, ovens and really fussy clients. Adding blanks can have other consequences, notably in CAD details with doors turned off, it also affects a macro I use for a cabinet brand label.

Cabinet on left is standard, the one in center has 1-9/16" blank area added.1974400992_Addedblankarea.thumb.png.e351cdf99c01062bea190228111f81f6.png