Michael's "please post fascia problem example"

dshall

4 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Then the sections would be wrong, the fascia still shows when you pull it back to the beam.  You can see it in Scott's example

Can’t you create a unique roof section with no fascia?   I get the point...it would be great to just click and remove the fascia from edge.  But...you can accomplish the task right now if you really need to. You could also just “mask” the fascia in the section view...I think.  

2 minutes ago, SNestor said:

Can’t you create a unique roof section with no fascia?   I get the point...it would be great to just click and remove the fascia from edge.  But...you can accomplish the task right now if you really need to. You could also just “mask” the fascia in the section view...I think.  

Yes Steve,  this is understood.

2 hours ago, SNestor said:

There is a point in which we have to stop settling for workarounds and make it clear to Chief that we need better tools.  Reading this thread, it seemed to be the point behind the OP.

+1

We certainly need more control on ALL of the roof functions.  At this point I would settle for a completely manual option such as creating a truss or rafter profile that Chief would use for a selected roof plane or partial plane.

I love Chief's auto functions but we also need the option to modify or manually build items since we don't ONLY design boxes.