Koch Cabinets

OkcDesigner

There is no "Koch Cabinets" Library offered by Chief Architect Inc at present. There are lots of other brands available for currently download with an SSA account and the cabinet specification dialog in the program allows for lots of ways to customize any cabinet selected. You can request that Koch Cabinets work with Chief Architect in creating a library of their objects, in the meantime you have to move forward with what is possible.

DJP

if you have a Koch catalog, you can modify the cabinets in any of the cabinet libraries to the specifics of Koch (dim's, OL, color, accessories, etc) and save them in your own library.

By chance, are there any other cabinet brands manufactured by the same manufacturer? hth, ~Cheryl

3 hours ago, OkcDesigner said:

They have three lines that I know of. Classic, Express and Midland...…...

I was just hoping by chance someone had all ready done the modifications. 

The sales rep said they only support 2020 and ProKitchen.

Setting up your own brand libraries is a pretty useful exercise and exactly what you include depends on what you want to get from the program and how you prefer to do things.

You must have made/altered some cabinets along the way. 

Open a plan, set the defaults to match your cabinet line, save it as Koch warehouse or something like that. Think a little about what you use often, then copy and paste cabinets you already made into that plan. Set the sizes either to what you will use for specialized cabinets like trash pullouts, oven, etc.  For a lot of other cabinets that will get used at various sizes only make one-I like 15" so it always fits when I use replace from library.

After you get those in place make any changes you need or want. For instance I use the OIP fields a bit for cabinets and include the most common codes that I use for modifications for a caibnet. When working I find it faster to delete a few mods than to type (I make extensive use of cabinet schedules for generating orders)

You can fill in for cabinets you need all at once or add them as you work on projects. If you are using schedules or want to show cabinet mods that the program doesn't have you can search this section of the forum (and maybe in tips) for some things I've posted over the last couple of years.

Once you have a start on your collection-be sure that anything that can use a dynamic default is set to "D" make sure all your materials are set to "use default" Then add them to the library one at a time, rename each as you do, then place them in a folder.

Make sub folders in your brand for Doors, materials, molding, accessories

For doors-either make your own (search this forum section) or find some by other brands that suit. (I prefer to make my own)

Find the moldings you like to use often- place in plan, then add to library.

Other items as you see fit. I don't usually try to duplicate a complete catalog, do a lot as you go but keep your warehouse plan up to date. Then when if it becomes necessary to make cabinets for a different line you start by changing the defaults then make adjustments.

Thanks Mark. I know you have done much on this, and I hope to get to the point of not using 2020, and just use chief. I need to find your meeting on that and watch it again. It was very interesting and informative. 

Thank you for sharing your experience….

19 minutes ago, OkcDesigner said:

hope to get to the point of not using 2020, and just use chief. 

Just do it.

Start with one brand, a better one first. Doesn't take long to recover the time invested (and improve sales). I've posted enough stuff to use to generate orders with on-line order systems, spreading templates or using 2020 just to get prices.

Everything but actual prices in Chief and I'm back to working on that (will see soon I hope). But to use that all the rest still would need to be set up.