Door Jamb Material

NeilofOZ

Have a problem with a project's door jambs which has the original brickwork exposed on the jamb face, have tried a myriad of methods to 

show a solid painted surface with no success, the floor plan details a door jamb with casings, but 3D view shows brickwork, see attached pic  

for illustration.   

1854796058_JambDetail.thumb.jpg.ba2ad7d96eaf408582bc91054de75926.jpg

Michael,

Been there done that, but no difference, see attached snip of the of the 

Interior Door Specification. Actually there is no thickness reference, only

width & depth, but assume its the "width of sides" which you are alerting to,

am I correct.

1777915901_DoorJambMaterial.thumb.JPG.4f16abe703c047fee41231ea3f56a6b5.JPG

Sorry fellas, thought this would be a simple problem, me only a neanderthal, LOL.

The brickwork on the face of the door jamb is the issue and I could see it quite clearly in the pic.

It's obvious that the jamb thickness is missing, hence the brickwork being displayed, in fact when 

you look on the door frames on the left, it shows to ends of the interior walls as well, see attached

new pic and floor plan below with camera viewed positioned.

1958487169_DoorJambMaterial.thumb.JPG.804f19d21e9b03b46cf35f4384359198.JPG

Regards Neil.

PWD-WA, Additions Plan.plan

INTERIOR BRICK WALLS

OK, all went well with the interior brick walls as I gave the rough opening as suggested and bingo out they popped.

So for future reference, am presuming the door size is as it says but excludes the jamb size, so the structure opening follows the door size and 

the rough opening allows for any jambs, is this correct, as I done heaps of door frames and never had to set the rough openings. 

INTERIOR GYPROCK WALLS

Had to drop the door height to allow the door head to be below the ceiling, assume this follows the above format.

Still no luck with the side jambs using both recommendations, did you get this to work on the floor plan that I sent you, please advise.

Regards Neil.

6 hours ago, NeilofOZ said:

Still no luck with the side jambs using both recommendations, did you get this to work on the floor plan that I sent you, please advise.

Yes it works in your plan file.  Try setting the Rough Openings to more than 30mm.  Did not mess with the walls although Eric is correct.

Gentlemen,

Yep, played around with door jambs and head, got something that looks OK with the general door frame opening, but still got some issues when 

you look at back of the door jamb on the lock side shows brick infill which I can't remove, so only resolution for me is to plant a solid on this face

to hide it.

End of the day, think that CA can't accommodate the connection of a window and door frame in the manner i want, ie we use aluminiun extruded box sections 

for interior works which gives a very clean slim profile which enhances the glazing, might have to create some standard door/window profiles for my exclusive use. 

Thanks for your support, Neil.