Strange PDF printing

ShaneK

This project is sold and done BUT I had a strange thing happen while printing to PDF. You can see in layout preview that floor joists are correct and in the open cross section they are correct. When I print to PDF you the floor joists are not correct in either cross sections. Both files are attached for anyone interested. I tried printing Chief PDF and PDF-Xchange both have same result.                                                                                                                                                                                                          2018-12-17_7-51-58.thumb.png.48a34646e85bb9c2dfb4554d919b9c46.png2018-12-17_17-03-41.thumb.png.078d65ec7d46e6a979d66cb26b1dcd98.png2018-12-17_7-51-06.thumb.png.b39283e5067f569d0ae14c0dd12f4b7c.png     

Vernell Phipps.layout

Saginaw_Project_12-02-18.plan

4 hours ago, Doug_N said:

Keep the view on the layout inside the boundary of the drawing page area.  If you don't clip the viewport the PDF will go nuts.

Interesting observation Doug.  Were you able to correct the problem in Shane's PDF with that technique ?

After some trial and error I find that if cross section view changed to "vector" view and sent to layout it is correct and will stay updated too. Still not the correct behavior but,,,,,,, it works. This is 1st time I have ever sent cross sections to layout as a vector view, I have always went with standard view.

On 12/18/2018 at 8:03 PM, Chopsaw said:

Interesting observation Doug.  Were you able to correct the problem in Shane's PDF with that technique ?

Actually, I have been so busy trying to get projects pushed out ahead of Christmas I didn't try. sorry to say.  My bad.

Just one man's opinion here, but I would stop using Live View if I was you and switch to Plot Lines.  There are multiple reasons for this including but not limited to:

-You have much more robust control over how the various edge and pattern lines are displayed

-The lines are crisper and more consistent

-The Edit Layout Lines tool becomes available

-The views look like they WILL look while you're working on them. 

In my opinion, the standard views in the example above don't actually look as nice as vector views either.  They feel a little less professional to me.  Just my 2 cents.