Changing from standard to line drawing view loses nice texture

JJohnson

Hey Jere,

I have attached a cheat sheet I use to quickly reference what custom patterns we have available.  For the rest, I personally just create them to order from scratch to specifically match any given texture.  Some custom patterns only take a few minutes.  Others might take an hour.  It just depends on the complexity of the texture and on what type of look and accuracy you're after.  Just shoot me an email of you're interested in discussing further and we can take it from there.  Scott's right though.  That would be a nice feature. 

Fill Hatch Patterns Cheat Sheets.pdf

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dshall said:

I think there is a similar pattern in the CA CUSTOM library.  

It would be super if the material could generate its's own. pattern.

Thanks that was a good idea

Found this in In the 3D Library
in the Materials and Surfaces collection
  >Cultured Stone  >Pro-Fit Ledgestone  - Mojave

Line Drawing of Stack Stone.JPG

3 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Hey Jere,

I have attached a cheat sheet I use to quickly reference what custom patterns we have available.  For the rest, I personally just create them to order from scratch to specifically match any given texture.  Some custom patterns only take a few minutes.  Others might take an hour.  It just depends on the complexity of the texture and on what type of look and accuracy you're after.  Just shoot me an email of you're interested in discussing further and we can take it from there.  Scott's right though.  That would be a nice feature. 

Fill Hatch Patterns Cheat Sheets.pdf

Wow I have not seen that for quite a while.  Where are they stored, in Chief Data ?

6 minutes ago, JJohnson said:

Wow I have not seen that for quite a while.  Where are they stored, in Chief Data ?

Yes.  Chief Architect Premier X10 Data>Patterns.  But you would typically just access it via your material or fill definition.  Click on the Pattern>Type drop-down, select Custom, click Browse, select the appropriate pattern file, and then select the appropriate pattern from the next drop-down list.