How to make a Boston hip

rockyshepheard

I think the only place where they call it a  "Boston Hip" is in Boston (Do the Irish hate the Dutch?). Until I knew better I used to call that design a "Texas Hip" until I started using Chief, so I am not just accusing Bostionan's of Architectural bigotry, I myself have suffered from that malady.

DJP.

9 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

I think the only place where they call it a  "Boston Hip" is in Boston (Do the Irish hate the Dutch?). Until I knew better I used to call that design a "Texas Hip" until I started using Chief, so I am not just accusing Bostionan's of Architectural bigotry, I myself have suffered from that malady.

DJP.

I live in the Northeast and went to architecture school in Boston. Today is the first day I heard the term "Boston Hip."

• Upvote 1

OK, so all this mumbo-jumbo Tomato-Tomato leads me to another question;

I know that we can do an automatic roof build and select where we want our regular gables and hips within the same roof structures but can we do an automatic build and select where we our our Dutch-Gables to be and still have regular hips and gables on other parts of the roof?

Can I do this in an automatic build?

Capture.thumb.PNG.ceb11b5e1c1de43f26647c88f18148d8.PNG

I didn't see an option to select a wall to place a dutch gable like we would to place a regular gable or hip. That was the purpose of asking the questions to see if I might be over looking something. I cant seems to find any instruction on it in the video's or help menus but sometimes that is because I'm not asking the right questions.