roof framing issue

brian-sdesign

I have a couple awkward roof framing scenarios and having trouble getting the section cuts to frame out close enough for a decent visual. The first is a roof rafter sitting on a bearing wall with no overhang or fascia. I just want a seat cut and blocking (or even without the block is okay). I am not sure how to get chief to omit the fascia and sit on the wall cleanly. The second condition is similar but I have rafters going up in both directions (there will be a cricket for drainage). Maybe there is a work around that can be done? Attached are some framing details showing the desired conditions.

Thanks!

Framing examples.pdf

I thought I lost you there.  If you like you can check the "Follow" box at the top right of your screen and you will be sent an email notification when someone responds to your post.

Here is a quickie test plan that you can check out the room and roof settings that I used.  The only thing I had to cheat on was the cross box with the single line is not really an option in Chief for vertical blocking so I just used general framing and a cad Blocking Box to cover up the auto Cross Box.

Let me know if you have other questions.

X9 Roof Valley Test.plan

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, brian-sdesign said:

Thanks for your help. I didn't tune out, just been in and out of town for the holidays. I did open up your file and it looks good to me. Unfortunately I am having trouble getting my file to duplicate this. Probably a setting somewhere.. I will find it eventually.

Your welcome.  Not everything will be apparent in checking the settings.  You will need to think through it logically and get the sequencing correct as well.  If you get stuck with something specific let me know.   Merry Christmas.