White spot on wall, where is it coming from?

Cheryl_C_Crane

I'm stumped. What is causing the white spot on the left dining area wall? I have played with the sun angles. I have played with the light over the dining table (angles, spot vs point, etc.) I've adjusted lumens. 

I've attached a zip of the area. If you have time, I'd appreciate your thoughts. TIA, ~Cheryl

Bone Trevor Alt 1.zip

Out out damn spot.jpg

What is that white spot doing here.jpg

Graham, Thank You! I thought that I had copied that from the one over the table. I think that I sometimes suffer from staring at things too long. Glad that you caught it and it's an easy fix! TY.

BTW: I used your technique on the glass and like the results much better. ~Cheryl

3 minutes ago, Cheryl_C_Crane said:

Graham, Thank You! I thought that I had copied that from the one over the table. I think that I sometimes suffer from staring at things too long. Glad that you caught it and it's an easy fix! TY.

BTW: I used your technique on the glass and like the results much better. ~Cheryl

Always pleased to assist. Yes there are days when my eyes get very fatigued. Always amazes me that the answer is staring right at me and I don't see it. To demonstrate how bad it can get, not long ago I had to reactivate a software package, entered the product key more than 15 times and it would keep rejecting it. I then noticed that in all 15 attempts I had interpreted an "S" as a "3".  Good thing no one was watching.

I noticed the glass, was wondering if you used that texture technique. Looks good. You can also change the effect by altering the textures X & Y scale.

8 minutes ago, Cheryl_C_Crane said:

Yep, if you open the textures, you'll find quite a bit of modification, somewhat camera dependent. I'm getting some l o n g material lists.

I will take a look. Yes, the camera angle and more importantly the direction that light is hitting the glass makes a difference. That was why on one of those wine glasses I turned it into a light fixtures and added a light source. That way if I moved the glass around it would still show half decent.

• Upvote 1