Insulation in curved section?

Gawdzira

I always thought CA could do better with their "insulation box". If they could just make it so we could put breaks in the lines and make the lines curve. I don't have time right now, I'm wondering if you could put "batt insulation" molding profile on a molding p-line.

• 4 years later...

I tried the "S" text line with unsatisfactory results.      Since this thread was from 2014 has anyone figured out how to draw curved continuous insulation?

image.thumb.png.deee9e870d14cbc149bc45222b6dbfba.png

Thanks,

Charles

On 5/25/2018 at 1:01 AM, Chopsaw said:

Create a cad block of only one section of  " S " insulation pattern and attach it to a Distribution Path.

Curved insulation.jpg

That's nice. It would be even better if:

1. The resulting color was controlled by the Block and not the Distribution Path layer.

2. We could block and save a Distribution Path to the Library for quick retrieval.

4 hours ago, rlackore said:

1. The resulting color was controlled by the Block and not the Distribution Path layer.

The insulation pattern is controlled by the block which has to be kept in your user library.  Only the Distribution Path line color is controlled by the Distribution Path layer which in most situations I would not display any way.  So it might actually be easier if the pattern color was controllable from the Distribution Path DBX otherwise you would need to take your cad block out of the library and unblock it, change the line color and reblock, rename and reinsert into library just to change the pattern color.

A home made Cad Block seems to behave differently that a preset Chief Insulation Cad Box.

On 5/25/2018 at 12:50 PM, Chopsaw said:

The insulation pattern is controlled by the block which has to be kept in your user library.

Yes, I got my statement backwards - color should be controlled by the Distribution Path layer and not the Block color. My bad.