Photo Overlay - Controlling Transparency

basilbabaa

When starting a preliminary site plan, in addition to the boundary survey and topographical map, I often include a scaled shot from Google Earth/Maps.

I paste the Shot in and draw the building envelope onto of the pasted overlay.

It would be nice to be able to reduce the pasted images' transparency/opacity so it is not so overbearing.  

Any current way in Chief to do so without having to run it through photoshop first, like I did in the attached file....?

Overlay.png

4 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Here's my personal approach.

1. Send to the back drawing group.
  2. Draw a Polyline or CAD box over the top, set the fill style to solid>background color, and give it a transparency
  3. Send the Polyline to the back drawing group and then Move Forward In Group

Good idea thanks Micheal I have been struggling with problem also 

1 hour ago, basilbabaa said:

It would be nice to be able to reduce the pasted images' transparency/opacity so it is not so overbearing.  

Any current way in Chief to do so without having to run it through photoshop first, like I did in the attached file....?

Apply the Satellite shot as your Watermark.  Image transparency is unfortunately hidden away in only that part of the program.

3 hours ago, Mark3D said:
3 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Apply the Satellite shot as your Watermark.  Image transparency is unfortunately hidden away in only that part of the program.

i cant see a way to scale it with this method correct me if i am wrong

Yes that may be difficult to do accurately.  There is a "Ratio to Sheet:" setting but it is only in increments of 1%.  If you don't have a photo editor you could use the Watermark feature to set the transparency and export as an image and then re-import and scale accurately.