What mouse do y'all use?

Danimal

I use a Microsoft corded mouse at work and a Razor ergo shaped gaming mouse on home unit (I don't game, just draw). Somewhere there's a mouse related thread (probably in Discussions, not Suggestions) and some guys are big into these funky ergo mice. No way I could get used to a Track Ball. Try a general search in the Search Bar above. -bB

I'd been using Logitech M570 for years. Recently with change to desk and monitor I ended up with wrist/arm issues and needed to change something. (eventually discovered part was where I placed new monitor and moved my location). I first tried the new Logitech Ergo, disliked software and didn't solve it.

Ended up trying vertical mouse (forget which) a sort of vertical mouse (Kingtop) and a mess of trackballs-too many to list. I also tried a mess of wedges, supports, wrist things....

I ended up with an Elecom EX-G Pro as my go to day to day.It's a lot like the M570-thumb driven ball, angle of hand to device is slightly different as is tilt, more buttons too.That is my go to with Chief though I did switch the ball and use one from a 570 in it, rolls a little more the way I'm used to. I also kept a finger driven Elecom-the Huge. I switch to that off and on, usually when doing non Chief things since I haven't adapted completely to some of the click and drag operations I like with it. But it is a very comfortable device, I tried really hard to adapt to it overall. Just since I liked it and it was cheap I also kept the Kingtop and once in a while I use that for whatever. Switching helped me heal a bit faster (pretty much fine now and try to use the phone left handed) At one point I also considered trying a left handed Elecom Ex-G. All in all I'm really hapy with the Elecoms.

I know Kbird likes finger drive.

18 hours ago, AriseDesign7 said:

After 20 years of computer work I started developing some wrist pain (probably carpal tunnel syndrome) - I ended up buy this mouse and the pain went away in a couple of days! I have been using it for 6 years (the same one!) about $100 well worth it...takes a day or 2 to get used to it...

https://evoluent.com/

Looks like a really Clunky Mouse but I can see the Ergo Benefits as I use a Microsoft ergo Keyboard which really helps both of my wrists when using the keyboard (especially if you Use the Home Keys in lieu of Hunt and Peck.

Does this Evoluent Mouse track nicely when dragging walls and CAD lines? Eg, after getting used to it, does it "Get out of the Way"? thanks, bB

1 hour ago, Archnot-Boltz said:

Looks like a really Clunky Mouse but I can see the Ergo Benefits as I use a Microsoft ergo Keyboard which really helps both of my wrists when using the keyboard (especially if you Use the Home Keys in lieu of Hunt and Peck.

Does this Evoluent Mouse track nicely when dragging walls and CAD lines? Eg, after getting used to it, does it "Get out of the Way"? thanks, bB

LIke I mentioned, I have been using the same Evoluent mouse for 6 years, no issues! works beautifully in any software (I used Autocad, Chief and some Archicad) Highlyl recommended! Just order the correct size, depending on your hand/grip size

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Logitech G604…lots of buttons but very comfortable for me…I tried a few other multi button mouses but did not like the fit or the reach for some buttons…I used it quite a bit over the last year…recently it developed an intermittent connectivity issue…I fought it for a few weeks but called Logitech support today…after a short diagnosis they are shipping a new mouse today…I would call that good service…

I upgraded from a Logitech MX510, which I've had for years and years, to a Razer Mamba gaming mouse. The two features I love about the Mama: 1) very light, and 2) the middle button allows me to switch DPI on the fly, and I can customize up to 5 different DPI settings. When I'm moving the cursor between three side-by-side monitors, a high DPI allows me to navigate without the need to lift the mouse and set it back down. When I'm doing precision work I use a low DPI. The best purchase I've made related to mice is the Cougar Bunker mouse bungee; I know it seems trivial, but it was truly a game changer because I no longer have to fight the mouse cord.

I got rid of my mouse 20 years ago as it was causing too much pain in my arm. I switched to a trackball (Logitech currently) and my arm pain went away. I also like that it is stationary, no need to move it around my desk. It's also great for remote use when space is at a premium (I can put it on my knee).