aliasing appear in PDF output

jpdesign

Hello,

For a unknown reason, I print the layout to a PDF file in ARCH D size. The middle section of the PDF appears aliasing effect, while outside of the middle section, the drawing is clear.

This make some of the hatch disappear. How to fix the problem?

Thanks,

Josh

Capture.PNG

Are you using Chief's built in PDF printer, or a 3rd party printer?  If 3rd party, try Chief's integrated one.  If you are using Chief's, then need more info.  There are a few threads on this topic, and some have found (myself included) that using transparent or gradient fill causes this problem when using 3rd party printer and using Chief's PDF creator corrects the output.  A search may result additional fixes.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jpdesign said:

Thank you Ben.

The problem is gone if I switch to the integrated PDF.

I was not aware the integrated PDF. Instead, a default PDF printer was used.

The Integrated or Built in PDF Printer tends to make much larger File Sizes , which may or may not be an issue ?  instead of Microsoft's Print to PDF Printer I use BullZip PDF Printer ( Free Version) and have not noticed this but I may not have the fills and hatches you use either.

M.

4 hours ago, BenPalmer said:

No problem with integrated making larger file sizes for me.

We've been down this road before. For some reason, some of us (me included) get much larger PDF's using Chief's integrated driver. I have gone to Bullzip (like Mick and others recommended) and have reduced my PDF sizes considerably. Often times a Bullzip file will be around 5-10 Mb when the same file using CA's driver will come out at 50-100Mb. If I have many textures and fills included they seem to drive CA's file size larger. I experimented with several different ones, free and "trial-to-purchase," and CA's always created the largest files. Never figured out why. Having said that, Chief's integrated driver doesn't give me the "light" tiling effect in parts of the layout pages as Bullzip and others do in the PDF. Chief's PDF's  also seem to have darker/thicker lines than some of the others. Just my 2 cents.

18 minutes ago, Ridge_Runner said:

We've been down this road before. For some reason, some of us (me included) get much larger PDF's using Chief's integrated driver. I have gone to Bullzip (like Mick and others recommended) and have reduced my PDF sizes considerably. Often times a Bullzip file will be around 5-10 Mb when the same file using CA's driver will come out at 50-100Mb. If I have many textures and fills included they seem to drive CA's file size larger. I experimented with several different ones, free and "trial-to-purchase," and CA's always created the largest files. Never figured out why. Having said that, Chief's integrated driver doesn't give me the "light" tiling effect in parts of the layout pages as Bullzip and others do in the PDF. Chief's PDF's  also seem to have darker/thicker lines than some of the others. Just my 2 cents.

I tend to use Bullzip if I need to Email the file , if Printing direct then it maybe better to use the built in One as I have also seen the shading and line issues in other PDF Printers.

M.

Thanks for suggesting another 3rd party pdf option.  Always looking for the perfect one.  I tried bullzip really quick in hopes that it was the cure...but...the same pixelation occurs.  So, unfortunately, not an option for me. So far, only the built in printer cures this problem...for me. It is due to the use of transparent fills I use in my walls, if I eliminate that, then all 3rd party printers work.  I much prefer 3rd party printers and all their features, but I really like the way I have my walls set up, so I'm fine working with Chief's printer in hopes it will get resolved one day.  It's been reported and well documented in previous posts that Chief was part of and commented on.

Really glad it's working out great for you guys. All the best.

43 minutes ago, BenPalmer said:

Thanks for suggesting another 3rd party pdf option.  Always looking for the perfect one.  I tried bullzip really quick in hopes that it was the cure...but...the same pixelation occurs.  So, unfortunately, not an option for me. So far, only the built in printer cures this problem...for me. It is due to the use of transparent fills I use in my walls, if I eliminate that, then all 3rd party printers work.  I much prefer 3rd party printers and all their features, but I really like the way I have my walls set up, so I'm fine working with Chief's printer in hopes it will get resolved one day.  It's been reported and well documented in previous posts that Chief was part of and commented on.

Really glad it's working out great for you guys. All the best.

I guess I am not using Transparent fills in my walls ?  but I do see some differences with the Built-in PDF printer still.

M.