Windows Tighter Into Corner

Heather_Anderson

no plan attached ....

Chief will always allow 2 studs minimum either side of a window/door/opening I think , you maybe able to play with that on the Build Framing DBX (dialog box) under "Openings"....Trimmers

Make sure you have your Plan defaults >Plan >Ignore Casing for opening resize checked too   but Corner windows are possible ,with some messing around .

Heather, I have found a way to do this when making the bay window manually. (I'm doing this on a job I'm working on now) I'm going to demonstrate this tonight at our user meeting. To make a frame around it, well that will need to be done manually but the glass will butt in the corner. The window is in the middle of the wall. I'm doing this using X6.

Heather, here is an example of how to make two windows join together. I did this example at our user meeting. Call me or email me if you want to know how I did it. I did no changes to the wall framing. Windows only. I can show you online. I put a slab between the windows to represent a metal piece to fasten the two pieces of glass.

post-66-0-90779500-1410231660_thumb.jpg

Not sure if that Corner glass window is what Heather wants but I found my old post/thread on it too here :

https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/147-corner-windows-and-sliding-doors/page-1#entry767

They would likely just butt the glass Tommy and use silicon same as in a custom shower enclosure , not sure there is a need for your metal "connector" really , I'd find it distracting I think but perhaps it is a Code issue some places?

M.

somehow I remember that the framing has some problems doing those windows, unless framing is not part of your plan.

Perry, this is how it frames doing it the way I do it. No wall framing editing prior or after. I'm sure other people do it differently but this method is easy for me working with just the window only. It seems to frame okay.

post-66-0-98960400-1410277335_thumb.jpg