Basement slab components setup?

parkwest

Is there an easy way to set up a basement slab to automatically show a 4 inch slab sitting on top of the stem wall footer with a vapor barrier, 2 inches of rigid foam on top of 6 inches of granular fill underneath the slab?  

When I add the other components to the underside of the slab, it raises the slab off the footer the thickness of the additional materials.  Is there a way to lock the footer or the slab height in the structural tab?

Also, is there a better way to add an isolation joint to the perimeter of the slab than using a room molding?

Seems to me basic stuff like the above would in the program somewhere.

D8AE2631-2F58-4921-9BBE-1F8B0E5F63B2.png

My method is to add only the rigid as an additional component of the slab - this ensures the rigid gives me a thermal break between the top of the footing and the slab. I don't bother with near-zero thickness elements like vapor barriers. I don't think it's worth attempting to model things like vapor barriers, isolation joints, etc. - I use notes, specifications, and CAD details to cover that stuff.

It is important to have all the components if you want to get an accurate material takeoff...

What I want to do is to set up my room defaults so that when I set a room as “basement” my floor structure will be the actual materials without a bunch of extra steps.

When I add the insulation to the underside of the slab, Chief seems to generate it at the correct level. 

You can then create a new concrete wall type w/ the insulation on the inside. Then, use that wall as a ponywall and set it to be 6" in height. 

In the section view, you'll just need to quickly adjust the insulation hatch for the 6" concrete wall as it'll be above the slab. 

insulation.thumb.PNG.7f1816a367f2180d02c75d78f7d157dc.PNG