Print to PDF creates large file

PinnacleChief

I went to print my layout to PDF so I could send it to my subs for quoting like I always do.  For some reason, the PDF file is 39MB.  I deleted and tried again multiple times to see if I was doing anything different.  At first, it was 54MB, so I thought my live views imported to the layout page were too large, so I deleted them and sent them to the layout page as pictures instead.  When I resent the layout to print (Chief Architect PDF), the final time, the file is still 39MB.  

Is there a way to see what is attached to the file to make it this large?

BTW, My plans/layouts are rudimentary and usually are 13MB when printed to PDF.

Thanks, Jim

I'm using X10 Version

Are you sending standard plan and elevation views to layout?

What is the size of the PDF if you print the Layout template only? 

Do you have any PDF files imported to layout or the plan that are printing as well?

Those have a tendency to be cumbersome.

Definitely something odd there- my PDF's are generally around 4-8MB - even when fairly complex as far as my wok is concerned.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, RL-inc said:

Are you sending standard plan and elevation views to layout?

Yes

What is the size of the PDF if you print the Layout template only? 

12mb

Do you have any PDF files imported to layout or the plan that are printing as well? No

Those have a tendency to be cumbersome.

Definitely something odd there- my PDF's are generally around 4-8MB - even when fairly complex as far as my wok is concerned.

I looked back at my other PDF's and you're right -  They are between 4-8mb.  I Think the resolution might have changed(?) which will make the file larger...any way to check this (Chief Architect Version)

16 hours ago, RL-inc said: