How do I transfer all files to a new laptop?

dskogg

I got a new msi gaming laptop and I need to transfer all files to it, what is best way to do this?

is there a way to connect both computers and do a transfer of files?

dies it make sense to save files and libraries to google so I can access them anytime?  Also we are looking to get a second license and think I want to have access to libraries.

only thing does it slow down chief if I use google vs having files/libraries on a solid state drive ?

3 hours ago, dskogg said:

I got a new msi gaming laptop and I need to transfer all files to it, what is best way to do this?

Yes there is a Tutorial in the KB on how to migrate files and move to a new computer.

is there a way to connect both computers and do a transfer of files?

Yes Via your home network assuming both are connected to the same Router.

dies it make sense to save files and libraries to google so I can access them anytime?  Also we are looking to get a second license and think I want to have access to libraries.

You can use Google or Dropbox yes, though personally I don't trust it 100% and keep my own backups

only thing does it slow down chief if I use google vs having files/libraries on a solid state drive ?

Not once the File is loaded locally as far as I am aware. ( the same file can not be accessed by both computers at the same time)

M.