Block insert problem

MN_JohnH

I am having trouble with this block. I converted it to an architectural block then saved it to my library and then tried to insert it into a plan. the sinks show up in the plan but the cabinet is not there. All the right layers are on. I tried everything, (well obviously not EVERYTHING), I know it is something simple but can't figure out what I am missing.

Untitled 2.plan

1 hour ago, solver said:

Works OK for me. Added your block to library, then placed it back in plan.

ct1.thumb.jpg.d533e197e7c8eb0e594e8bcedd3ad7a7.jpg

It's weird, it works on the main level of the plan I have going but if I try to insert it in the basement or second floor it just appears as the sinks and faucets floating in air. The plan I am working on is too big of a file to attach.

Thanks

OK this time I did it with a molding profile.

I made it into an architectural bloc added to library and when I insert it, again, it work on the main level of my project but in the basement and 2nd floor, only the countertop and sinks show up. I don't see a setting for the height of the molding profile from finished floor.

Untitled 2.plan

Thank you. I am just learning about moldings today... I see how it works now.

Still seems odd that I can draw something and see it right there and block it and add it to the library and not have it come out the same way on the other end, but I'm sure there is a reason for it.

Anyway, thanks for your patience.

8 hours ago, MN_JohnH said:

I am having trouble with this block. I converted it to an architectural block then saved it to my library and then tried to insert it into a plan. the sinks show up in the plan but the cabinet is not there. All the righAn alternatedt layers are on. I tried everything, (well obviously not EVERYTHING), I know it is something simple but can't figure out what I am missing.

Untitled 2.plan

An alternative solution- made completely from cabinets which gives control over all modlings, and faces. You still need to make a custom counter top to get the middle section and can run into some issues when resizing the corners. Also once blocked clips show up on the back of the cabinet but go away once unblocked. There are always several ways to get there in Chief-just a matter of which your are most comfortable with.

as cabinets.plan

from cabinets.png

• Upvote 1