Washing Machine Outlet Box (Recessed)

Cheryl_C_Crane

Hi Cheryl,

Sorry I got tied up and forgot about this. Here's a symbol that should work for you. It's set to mount on a wall 42" above the floor but you will need to provide an 8"x 6" pass-thru window at 42" above the floor and move the symbol 3-7/8" into the opening.

If the wall is exposed on the opposite side you will need to put a Solid into the Pass-Thru on that side to fill the hole in the wall finish material.

Washing Machine Outlet Box.calibz

post-47-0-30718800-1410103953_thumb.png

Hi Cheryl,

Sorry I got tied up and forgot about this. Here's a symbol that should work for you. I't set to mount on a wall 42" above the floor but you will need to provide an 8"x 6" pass-thru window at 42" above the floor and move the symbol 3-7/8" into the opening.

If the wall is exposed on the opposite side you will need to put a Solid into the Pass-Thru on that side to fill the hole in the wall finish material.

Thanks JC,  very nice.  Hopefully with X7 we will be able to provide niches.  OTH,  not too tough with the symbol you provided.  Hope the back is better.

Thanks JC,  very nice.  Hopefully with X7 we will be able to provide niches.  OTH,  not too tough with the symbol you provided.  Hope the back is better.

Niches should be fairly simple - CA could use their subroutines for "Wall Material Region" to cut holes in the wall layers as thick as the niche recess.  It might require a new Symbol Class or it could just be a flag and y-origin adjustment.  

IAE, I agree that this feature is long overdue.

My back is better - I got a cortisone injection for a pulled muscle.  Still some pain but not too bad.

Here is another Version of the Symbol. This one auto-magicly creates a pass thru for you - but you might have to adjust the height above the floor.

In addition, if it is on the wrong side of the wall, you would need to rotate the symbol about the z axis and adjust the y origin (both of those edits would be in the general tab of the symbol dbx.

In the Pass-Thru Window dbx, suppress the Frame.

Washing Machine Outlet Box-AutoInsert.calibz

Thanks Joe.  I thought I might have one Tommy posted a couple of years ago but couldn't find.  Now I am good to go.  As a matter of fact, I am going to take that puppy and plop it into the laundry room of the project I have open.  Sorry to hear your back is giving you some grief.  Hope your problem goes away soon.

Tommy used a door - I used a Window Pass-Thru.  I haven't been able to get Tommy's to display as anything but black - don't know why.

Joe, mine looks fine no matter which one I use on my computer. Don't know why you're seeing black.

• 3 years later...
On 9/8/2014 at 0:39 PM, Joe_Carrick said:

In addition, if it is on the wrong side of the wall, you would need to rotate the symbol about the z axis and adjust the y origin (both of those edits would be in the general tab of the symbol dbx.

Thanks for making this, Joe. I don't understand how to rotate the symbol about the z-axis. What's a dbx? dialog box? Perhaps my version of Chief Architect (Home Designer Architectural 2018) doesn't include this option for rotating around the z-axis?

Dialog Box.png

I do my water connections different now in X9. I use the new niche tool in X9. Size it and place it where I want. I created a new "symbol" that I use. I place the symbol in the plan, set the height off the floor and control drag it into the niche. The symbol shows in the plan view so no cad block representation is needed. I attached the X9 library if anyone is interested in using this method. Side note: In the library for the symbol, I have the box dimensions shown that I use but any box size could be used.

X9 water connection 1.jpg

X9 water connection 2.jpg

T Blair X9 water connections.calibz

• Upvote 3