floor tiles

crosscutter55

Hi everyone i am using x10 premire  I would like to create a floor tile layout for a bathroom . I would like to use a 6 x 6 tiles with a 1/8 " grout line , Which tool would work best for this ( multi copy or transform replicate ) can someone PLEASE post which tool & show that window with the settings ?? Does anyone have or know of videos doing a custom tile floor layout  ?   I want to use diffrent tiles for the borders & the feild tiles 

You can do that several ways. Depending on the level of accuracy you can use the floor material or floor material regions or a combination of the two or even multiple floor material regions.  Psolids also work.  It is completely up to you and how you need to display it in your presentation or drawing set.

Sorry couldn’t resist. 

Seriously, if you want that kind of control, I think you would have to draw a tile as a p-solid on the plan and use the “multiple copy” tool. That way you can change any tile you want to whatever color and in whatever pattern you want. Then you could have a p-solid covering the entire area of the room in question with a thickness less than that of the tile to act as the grout. 

Here’s a chief video on the multiple copy tool...

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/302/setting-array-copy-intervals-angles-and-quantities.html