Framing Members disappear in 3D when blocked...Any work around for this other than recreating them all as Polyline Solids?

zowie123

Hi All,

I created a whole trellis with framing members before realizing this--I can't believe I've never noticed that framing disappears in 3D when blocked before this.  When framing members are blocked, they are still visible in 2d, but become cad blocks and not architectural blocks so disappear in 3D.  

Symbol, yes good suggestion, but not something that can be altered.  I will be editing this during a client meeting, I thought I could block it and turn on and off.  I guess I'll just have to save a plan with and without.  Thanks for your suggestions though, always enlightening.   Cheer, Barry

2 hours ago, DRAWZILLA said:

I would just not block it so if you have any changes, not a problem.

Hey P.  I remember that first weekend class we took together back in November of 2005 in San Diego and that came up.  

I do do not think Mont was aware of that phenomenon. Blocked framing members do not show up in 3D.  Not a big deal anymore... I guess.....  but the option should be available.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, dshall said:

Hey P.  I remember that first weekend class we took together back in November of 2005 in San Diego and that came up.  

I do do not think Mont was aware of that phenomenon. Blocked framing members do not show up in 3D.  Not a big deal anymore... I guess.....  but the option should be available.

yep, long time that fix was needed.