Walkthrough Lighting changes

dbritti

Hello! I'm struggling with a walkthrough recording in a kitchen.  It's essentially one large open room but divided (on the floor plan due to an arch) into a dining area and kitchen.  When the camera moves from the dining area to kitchen the lighting changes dramatically from darkish to very light.  How do I control the lighting so that the video doesn't have this big jump?  Thanks for any thoughts!

Denise Britti

Chief Architect X10

MacBook Pro 

I'm attaching the portion of the recording I made to illustrate the problem.  Since I posted my initial question, I have noticed on CA's own walkthrough recordings  that this lighting issues occurs as well so I'm not as hopeful this can be fixed.  Has anyone else had to deal with this issues and found a work-around?

Wow, that helped!  I had no idea there was such an option.  There is no big jump in lighting now. On a related note, however, I'm still trying to lighten the overall effect in the room during the walkthrough recording.  As you can see in the screen grab, the Full camera view on the left is bright (I increased Ambient Light setting to do this) and yet the recording I just made (shown on right) still remains dark.   Before I changed the Wall option box to "no room definition," the kitchen side of the room was nice and bright as you can see in the original video. How do I keep it that bright?  Very strange....   Thank you for all your help!!

DifferentlightingViews.jpg

On 11/30/2018 at 6:22 AM, dbritti said:

How do I control the lighting so that the video doesn't have this big jump?

Lighting can be better controlled in walkthroughs by setting up a light set with the lights you want on and setting the default full camera to use that light set. Be aware that having many lights on will adversely affect rendering performance.

• 1 year later...
On 12/3/2018 at 6:03 PM, dbritti said:

I'm attaching the portion of the recording I made to illustrate the problem.  Since I posted my initial question, I have noticed on CA's own walkthrough recordings  that this lighting issues occurs as well so I'm not as hopeful this can be fixed.  Has anyone else had to deal with this issues and found a work-around?

Hi there

I have seen this walkthrough, can any one advise how to remove the jerks in the video. what could be the minimum basic setting to remove these jerks and have a smooth walkthrough. 

Secondly why we cannot get the quality of walkthrough as it is shown in sample video of uploaded by chief architect.????