how to purge a drawing

MarkSM

This drawing is giving me fits. I imported an engineers plat map and tried to delete everything I didn't need. But I must have missed something because it takes about 20 minutes to open and almost an hour to print. I think there must be a lot of info from the original plat map I need to purge, but I can't see it. any advice?

Van_Asrdall.plan.zip

I'm not following. This looks like a dwg of the house plan...generally not something you get from an engineer and to me would not be a plat map. Opened instantly for me. This is a dwg of the floor plan so you would have to trace it if you want to model it or draw it per the dimensions shown.

1 hour ago, MarkSM said:

sorry. replaced the the .dwg with a .plan

did you only import the Plat Layer from the DWG or EVERYTHING?  

the Plot Plan Annoset takes about 2mins to open for me, not often I see the spinning blue circle, but the Plan opened in 15-20 secs.

if you click the fill window icon while in 1/4" scale Anno the house is barely visible , it's a tiny little black dot , so my guess would be the DWG has something very large (whole County?) in it or it was imported at the wrong scale perhaps?

Did you try again with a backup copy of your plan?

image.thumb.png.606ac2062229b42cc8d1ee98a01f3ee2.png

34 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

did you only import the Plat Layer from the DWG or EVERYTHING?  

image.thumb.png.606ac2062229b42cc8d1ee98a01f3ee2.png

Yes. I’m sure I accidentally imported everything. And I don’t have a backup of the house before the import. This my original question, is there a way to delete/purge the plat info?  Or am I just screwed?

Ok Mark, try this. I've seen this problem before and this is my quick fix. I tried it before posting this and it worked for me. When I hit "fill screen". it was showing as a small dot in plan view as shown by you and Mick. It also took a little time to bring up. This will probably solve your issues. It did for me.

1. Open a new blank plan. Would probably be good to be sure your default settings are the same.

2. Go to original plan with the problem and be on the 1st. floor.

3. Go to an "All On" layer set to be sure everything is on.

4. Be sure you are zoomed in close enough so you can see everything.

5. Go to top edit tab>Edit Area>Click on Edit Area (All Floors)> draw a marquee around the entire plan without going too far outside the plan.

6. With everything selected in the marquee, hit copy.

7. Go to new plan you opened and hit Control/ ALT/ V or hit paste in place.

8. Name your new plan file before closing.

Problem should be fixed. When I did this, the plan opened fast, "Fill Screen" tool worked just fine. No problems. If you don't follow, I can do an online meeting with you and show you.