Ceiling plane display issue. Bug?

tommy1

I ran across this issue a few weeks ago and am now asking about it. Here is how you can duplicate it. So easy I didn't think I needed to post a plan.

1. Place 4 walls and place a default auto hip roof (8:12 I believe is default pitch).

2. Place two ceiling planes at a 4:12 pitch (gable style) to create a false ceiling.

3. In room DBX, remove ceiling so the ceiling planes show.

4. In layer display, create a new layer like "roof off" or whatever.

5. Place one roof plane (or more) and one ceiling plane (or more) on that new layer so you can turn it off in all views (right?).

6. In plan view, turn off the new layer in layer display. Those items turn off in plan view as expected.

7. Take a Full Overview camera shot and turn off that new layer. The roof plane turns off in camera view as expected BUT the ceiling plane doesn't. Why?

Since the ceiling plane is actually a roof tool, you would think that they would be treated the same but they're not. Obviously it is not a given that if you put something on its own layer, you can turn it off in all views. Bottom line, why doesn't the ceiling plane turn off in a camera view? It does in plan view.

My option in the plan I was working in was to copy the plan and remove the ceiling planes to explain a certain situation.

1 hour ago, ShaneK said:

Go to default settings-layer sets and adjust your views there, I have had to add addition layer sets on a couple of projects. It was the quickest solution to problem

Yea Shane I thought of that but due to this situation that wouldn't help for I needed one ceiling plane to show. This is the 1st. time I can think of that I can't turn something off in layer display.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, tommy1 said:

I ran across this issue a few weeks ago and am now asking about it. Here is how you can duplicate it. So easy I didn't think I needed to post a plan.

So easy yet you won't take the time to post the plan.