floor tile

crosscutter55

I want to create a 8" x 24" tile for a border on a bathroom floor . I have managed to get the sizing correct , however when i find the tile in the dale tile library i can not get the grout lines adjusted so it is a solid 8" x 24" tile . I have tried the material definition tool . Can someone please walk me through the settings for this :(

1 hour ago, crosscutter55 said:

I want to create a 8" x 24" tile for a border on a bathroom floor . I have managed to get the sizing correct , however when i find the tile in the dale tile library i can not get the grout lines adjusted so it is a solid 8" x 24" tile . I have tried the material definition tool . Can someone please walk me through the settings for this :(

Textures use an image file, in the case of tiles the grout lines are part of the image so they can't be removed. If you alter the size of the texture ALL of it will resize so grout lines will change in proportion. Borders also present the issue of texture direction which is set based on Cartesian coordinates of the plan-you would need the border texture to change direction on two sides.

The best ways I've found to deal with borders are either using polyline solids (often converted to a symbol) or material regions. Then us multiple copy or transform replicate. Attached is a plan with both-floor done with material region and borders done with multiple material regions that were copied to be 1/32 apart (change number style to decimal when doing that). The floor is set to be just a tad thinner than the border.

The other is made of symbols that were created from psolids blocked together (happens to be one I'm working on for someone now) I eventually converted that one to a single symbol to place on a wall,

Borders.png

Borders.plan