Client needs a bid for new build after fire

DC7Designs

Insurance Companies are good at not paying for what they don't owe.  So "Like Kind" would technically mean to draw an "As Built" for permitting.  Code upgrade coverage can come into play.  Your best bet may be to work directly with the insurance adjuster for the owner and no need to get too detailed.  They are all different and it is good to have a rapport with them. Charge a fair price and don't expect to charge for extras.  Insurance companies are not cheap and they want to expedite the repairs especially if you have been retained.  Just be fair to yourself. 

12 hours ago, imodel said:

Insurance Companies are good at not paying for what they don't owe.  So "Like Kind" would technically mean to draw an "As Built" for permitting.  Code upgrade coverage can come into play.  Your best bet may be to work directly with the insurance adjuster for the owner and no need to get too detailed.  They are all different and it is good to have a rapport with them. Charge a fair price and don't expect to charge for extras.  Insurance companies are not cheap and they want to expedite the repairs especially if you have been retained.  Just be fair to yourself. 

In reality, with my extensive experience with insurance company's, they are never on your side and will always try to cheat you whenever possible ---so beware.

On 11/25/2018 at 4:24 PM, DC7Designs said:

Yes, she does, but the bank requires paperwork before disbursing funds.  That is the bid and some other docs to sign.  I just don't know how to bid with so little information and a graph paper plan drawn by the owner-builder.  

I would have a signed contract for services and when you are to be paid. Have submit that to the Insurance Company