Toilet Stall Streatch Planes?

ACADuser

Using the Chief Catalog "Architectural / Fixtures / Partitions" in my plan but, I can not seem to add stretch planes that will work for these so I can resize them without resizing the doors & hinges.

Has anyone added the stretch planes that will work?

The hinges on the hinge side extend so that there is not a way to avoid having them within a stretch plain. The only way to resize those would be on the non hinge side. The only alternative would be to customize the symbol or create a new one which I think is easier in this case.

32 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

Like the second picture below, I added plane but the door still stretches.

did you re generate the 2D block? I found that if I messed with it much the blocks did not generate correctly OTOH the OOB setting of '-36" works.

After generatiing block.png

2 hours ago, ACADuser said:

I want to stretch in the other direction too.

I think I remember getting into a mess like that with a project and ended up being able to make it work by recreating the symbol.  Not sure if the one in the library is corrupted or if you can only stretch one direction at a time.  

Alan,  Turn on your Origin Marker in the Symbol DBX.  The 48 and 56" values should be negative.  Then manually regenerate the 2D block to fix the door issue.  This should also give you a proper bounding box.

Also not sure you need a stretch Zone for this.  You could just have a -24 or -48 stretch plane in the Y direction.

1 hour ago, ACADuser said:

The plan view compresses the door when stretched smaller.

In 3D view it looks full size but when selected it has a smaller box. 

Well there is something with ADA sumbol- I'd been using the standard, which is the one that has the problem with hinges you mentioned. The ADA appears to have been made in an odd way-since if I change the stretch plane to 36" it automatically resizes. If the stretch plane were defined when the symbol was made it should not change the size of the object.  It doesn't behave in a way I'm familiar with- I set guidelines on plan and then some moldings for 3D views to judge what is going on. Also added the ones I worked with earlier-those resize correctly with the OOB stretch plane. Don't know but being called away now.

It may need stretch planes, or I might try setting it without stretch planes in a new blank plan, save as symbol and set with a single stretch plane. Gotta go or I'm on the couch...

Adjsuted.png

adjusted.zip

16 hours ago, ACADuser said:

The plan view compresses the door when stretched smaller.

In 3D view it looks full size but when selected it has a smaller box.

Figured it out- was not pahying enough attention. The problem is the depth of the bounding box does not take the open door into account. Oddly when I made a new symbol from the old one it still set the box dimension incorrectly.

Attached is ADA right symbols that work- dropped the CAD block into a plan, measured that and used that dimension for the Y of the bounding box, Just before I posted this I added stretch planes to one copied it to the far left and reszied all planes, then generated block. It will resize correctly on the hinge side now if you want that panel wider (I'd still add a leg though) That one isn't in the images. Ignore the pic that has no stretch planes-oops

ADA after bounding.png

1998162747_Boundingandstretch.thumb.png.0380417dada5dc10045a33323af25801.pngChange bounding box.plan

Bounding and stretch.png

2 hours ago, MarkMc said:

The problem is the depth of the bounding box does not take the open door into account. Oddly when I made a new symbol from the old one it still set the box dimension incorrectly

Mine seems to work fine just as is.  Gives the same bounding box as your third image of the Sizing DBX.

ADA Right Bounding Box.JPG

2 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Mine seems to work fine just as is.  Gives the same bounding box as your third image of the Sizing DBX.

I see that and on this computer I get the same thing as you do.

Now with that placed in plan- copy it in the X direction, select the second one and generate a block. It will no longer match the first one.

Odd thing-only difference on the other computer I copied the entire partition folder to my user folder-don't think that I changed anything bounding boxes or blocks but they were different.  Will check that machine again later or tomorrow but duty calls once again.

Oops, i did not regenerate. So every time you resize you need to regenerate the 2D block? (that looks better)

Sizes vary and need to be adjusted during the design process.

See attached current toilet rooms using narrow walls. & a few stray partitions I was messing with.

CA Partition 5.JPG

2 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

So every time you resize you need to regenerate the 2D block?

Yes that seems to be the current situation in X10.  It is a little counter intuitive and suggestions have been made.  Hope they listened for X11.

Keep us informed with your progress as that looks to be quite a complicated layout.

1 minute ago, ACADuser said:

So just to be clear, the issue is with the 2D Block not updating properly?

This is the case with any symbols we create?

Yes mostly as far as I know.  However I still do not quite understand the difference between the two previous screen shots I posted.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe chief put that one in the library with a custom 2D cad block for some reason, but there may be more to it than that.  It would be great to get a comment from @Adrean or someone who really knows their symbols.

From the Help File

Uniform Stretch Zones define an area between two planes that stretches uniformly when the object is resized, leaving the area outside of the zone unaffected.

Note: Stretch Planes and Stretch Zones do not affect a symbol’s 2D CAD block, which always resizes in a uniform manner. If you resize a symbol using custom Stretch Planes and Zones, consider generating a new CAD Block. See 2D Block Panel.

While I don't really know my hunch is that the problem with that symbol is stretch plane and size were altered in plan and layout was added to the library from there. I've run into issues when doing that instead of using convert to new symbol.