Appliances "outline" not in correct place in floorplan

sweetmelissa

Can anyone explain to me why these appliances must be moved in front of where they actually are in order to show up in the correct place?  They are correct in camera modes but not on the floorplan. If I put them in the correct place in the floorplan, they are not correct in other views.  How can I fix this? 

Thanks for your time and for saving me some!

Melissa

appiances.PNG

Did you place these appliances on the ground before inserting them into the Cabinet?  if so doing that will change the Symbols Origins , change the Y axis to 0" and it should work as expected. Chief expects you to insert these into a Cabinet so the y Origin is Usually in the 22-24" range to allow for this.....

You will need to add a 15" Cabinet where the Compactor is so that the Countertop builds over the Compactor too...I just copied the one to the left and pushed it in here  :

image.thumb.png.63c85a208e5cc166af15abd195d524da.pngimage.thumb.png.6ed4018cc1dc92df357657ce4dde4e3c.pngimage.thumb.png.868ae928dcbe2e2bce78c8192edef955.pngimage.thumb.png.cd7348706b1c6bd50d4580a08811abc5.png

Thank you! Since I am pretty sure we don't put icemakers in cabinets, I left it out and was planning to just fill in the countertop with a custom countertop.  I placed 2 appliances in  cabinets side by side on a recent plan/job and our custom manufacturer left out a necessary panel in between them, so I was trying to draw it more accurately. This fixed my problem so thank you so much. :)

** Thanks for pointing out the fact that I had a trash compactor instead of an icemaker in there! Took me a few min, but I found the ice maker! **

Edited by sweetmelissa

It looks like you made a space for the dishwasher and not a cabinet, I selected the filler that is on the right side countertop and just slide it to the left to the other counter and that fixed it, as far as the double oven I don't think the cabinet is wide enough for it to fit into try making the cabinet 33" wide  I used a jenn-air jjw2527ws oven and it fitWeber-White revised.planWeber-White revised.plan

weber revision.zip

• Like 1

All of Chiefs undercounter appliance symbols are meant to go into a cabinet-as are ovens. If you want to use them in a different way you either have to change the symbol origin after copying it to your user catalog, or do some sort of hack such as noted in  the thread a couple of days ago on dishwashers.

BTW "most" 30" ovens WILL fit in a 30" frameless cabinet (and that one will insert into the cabinet), however it can be a bear to install the oven that way. I usually use a 31-1/2 with an applied frame -which the program doesn't like to show without some more hacking.