MAC users..... is the scroll wheel much slower on MOJAVE?

dshall

Hey MAC users.  My scroll wheel is much much slower on my new IMAC that happens to have MOJAVE installed.

I have two IMACS. 

Old IMAC is a late 2013 with High Sierra......  scroll wheel speed is satisfactory

New IMAC is a 2017 with Mojave......  scroll wheel speed is very very slow

do you guys agree?

I have a simple Logitech mouse. 

any tips on increasing scroll speed.  

57 minutes ago, glennw said:

Hi Scott,

I didn't notice any change in scroll speed when I upgraded to Mojave using an Apple mouse.

You can change the scroll speed in System Preferences>Mouse>Point and Click>Tracking Speed.

Hi Glenn,  yes,  I have adjusted SCROLL SPEED in preferences,  I can slow down to a cccccrrrrrrraaaaawwwwwwllllllll. And then I can speed up t9 a ccrraawwll.  But I can’t get it quick.  I’ll try t9 catch you in a GTM soon if you are available t9 check it out.  

2 months and we will be out there to visit you and Jennie for a couple of days.  We can’t wait!

• Upvote 1

I use the Logitech MX Master but instead of connecting BT I use the USB "nub" in my wired apple keyboard port and seem to have no lag or mouse issues.  I'm transitioning all my CAD work over to a new PC desktop and only use my mac when mobile.

Good luck.

...and make more videos, please.

On 11/22/2018 at 8:53 AM, dshall said:

I have a simple Logitech mouse. 

did you install the Logitech Mac Software? Options or Control Center should support your Mouse.

in Windows my Logitech stuff crawls until I install as there is no acceleration applied etc.

let me know which Logitech Mouse if you can't find the download....

Mick.

4 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

did you install the Logitech Mac Software? Options or Control Center should support your Mouse.

in Windows my Logitech stuff crawls until I install as there is no acceleration applied etc.

let me know which Logitech Mouse if you cna't find the download....

Mick.

Yes,  Logitech software is installed and it does make a small difference.  It’s weird,  yesterday I was scrolling in and out and it was fast for  a small test drive and then the speed went away. IAE,  I bought a new gaming mouse yestday that I will try soon.  I will also double check Glenn’s suggestion.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, dshall said:

Yes,  Logitech software is installed and it does make a small difference.  It’s weird,  yesterday I was scrolling in and out and it was fast for  a small test drive and then the speed went away. IAE,  I bought a new gaming mouse yestday that I will try soon.  I will also double check Glenn’s suggestion.

The Logitech and Mac OS maybe fighting or over-riding each other....make sure to use the latest Version of the Logitech Software , it has been updated for Mojave.

*** looks like you may have found the issue though why it would change on it own I don't know....

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/20294-optimize-scrolling-zoom-in-layout-views/?do=findComment&comment=165312