Tab Key question

M-Ferioli

When I drag a line, or wall, or resize a shape and hit the tab key it does nothing.  I though it should open a edit window so I can specify values manually?  I've seen this in videos and am wondering if I have a setting off somewhere.  The tab key does allow me to cycle through coincident objects in a job though.  Is this a hotkey setting?

Thanks,

Mike

yup, thats what I'm doing.

I was trying to concentrically shrink a poly line solid and enter coordinates while doing it when I realized I couldn't.  With walls I can go back and adjust things but Im not sure how to enter coordinates after if I can't tab in while performing the operation.

8 minutes ago, M-Ferioli said:

yup, thats what I'm doing.

I was trying to concentrically shrink a poly line solid and enter coordinates while doing it when I realized I couldn't.  With walls I can go back and adjust things but Im not sure how to enter coordinates after if I can't tab in while performing the operation.

Just noticed that you're using Interiors.   That's where your problem is.  Interiors doesn't have that feature.  You'll have to use dimensions or dialog boxes of one sort or another.  There are a lot of ways to resize things. 

huh, thanks!  

Seems odd that they would leave that functionality out of interiors.  I would think interiors users would need that as much as any one?  

I used dimensions but got stuck on trying to figure this to for awhile until I went out and got stuck in traffic.  not sure which one was more fun. ;)

Thanks again for taking the time to help.

• 2 years later...
On 11/22/2018 at 6:10 AM, M-Ferioli said:

When I drag a line, or wall, or resize a shape and hit the tab key it does nothing.  I though it should open a edit window so I can specify values manually?  I've seen this in videos and am wondering if I have a setting off somewhere.  The tab key does allow me to cycle through coincident objects in a job though.  Is this a hotkey setting?

Thanks,

Mike

I am troubled with Tab Key, which doesn't work for editing dimensions after CA version up to X12 and MacOS newest version.  I can't tell for sure which version up is the cause of this trouble.  I tried to use Tab Key on CA X11 if Tab Key works as it used to, but it doesn't work any more.

It is very inconvenient without Tab Key to edit dimensions.

Thanks and Sorry for not being helpful,

Tarch