Potential Hardware Issues Or Not

amddrafting

Hey gang,

I've got 3 identical computers running in my office and everything is running the same software and background services, etc.  When I use CA on my computer (of course it had to be the one I use for my desk) I've noticed that it lags a lot when rendering a final view with shadows.  Something like a technical illustration and running "Final View" with shadows takes much longer on mine than the other 2 computers.  Mine will take 30 seconds or more where the other computers render almost instantaneously on the same file.  I've also noticed a lot of lag when running CA in 2D view, editing roofs, etc.

My question is would this more likely be a RAM or a Video Card issue?  No need to ask if I've updated all the latest drivers, blah blah blah.  Of course I've done all of that already.

Just wondering if anyone who knows more than I do about CA's functionality could help me narrow down what might be faulty in my computer.

-Aaron

Aaron

would think that is definitely a hardware issue not CA.

1. check that the ram and video card are properly seated.

2. could try swapping RAM from 1 computer to the other, hopefuly that might 'shift' the problem. You then know if it is RAM.

3. try the same with video cards.

Oh 1 other thing are all the comps the same age? have they been defragged etc ??

Several things to try.

1) Empty your temporary files folder.

2) Check the disk for errors.

3) Defragment the drive.

4) Check for malware or malware checkers that might be slowing things down.

5) Disk space usage could be a factor as well.

It isn't necessarily hardware, but if it isn't there is something different about the setting on that system.