Angled Cabinet With 12" Front Leg

Heather_Anderson

Its a 24" wide cabinet there is a front horizontal door panel that is 12" an angled door panel about 17" and an end panel 12" vertical back to the wall.  In the pic of the plan that I attached I have put in a right end  cabinet it's not quite what I want, I drew line work to mimic what I am after.

Thanks

Cheif X5 user.  Thanks in advance for your answers!   I have been trying to create this corner cabinet with a 12" front leg is it possible?

Heather Anderson

Its a 24" wide cabinet there is a front horizontal door panel that is 12" an angled door panel about 17" and an end panel 12" vertical back to the wall.  In the pic of the plan that I attached I have put in a right end  cabinet it's not quite what I want, I drew line work to mimic what I am after.

Thanks

No,  not possible to build as one cabinet.  Must be built as 2- 12" wide cabinets.

D dot,

Chief has a full height corner pantry (it's the same shape as requested)

I am suggesting using that and reducing it's height to match the lower cabinets.

You would probably need to use a custom counter top.

Actually, after reading Dennis's post, you can probably just place a lower cabinet in a corner, size it, and then move it.

Actually, Chief has (in the Library) a Corner Base Cabinet that can be resized and edited to get that shape - but it doesn't have a Door on either of the faces adjacent to the backs.  Of course you can put a panel on one side to emulate what the OP wanted but it's not exactly the same thing.

All right all right,  I was being a bit of a dunderhead......  but.......  with the corner cab solution,  and Glenn,  yes you can do that with a pantry,  but you can also do that with a corner upper or a corner base......  but but but.......  it takes some work to get a door at the "FRONT".......  I think my two cabinet solution still might be best.

post-50-0-52226300-1409854600_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Now that I am back in front of Chief, this seems easily doable.

Place a standard base cabinet.

Change it's type to a Corner (after changing it's size as per the prompt).

You can then configure your 45deg Door, Left Side and Right side as required.,

Now that I am back in front of Chief, this seems easily doable.

Place a standard base cabinet.

Change it's type to a Corner (after changing it's size as per the prompt).

You can then configure your 45deg Door, Left Side and Right side as required.,

Glenn,  I must be missing something.  See post #6.  That is what I want.  I believe it takes two separate cabinets.  I think you are saying you can do it with one cabinet.  I agree you can put some PANELS on the sides,  but you can not put doors with door knobs,  and they certainly will not show opening indicators and you will not be able to stack doors on top of each other on all 3 faces.

I understand what I show is probably not practical,  but I am trying to do something the OP wants.

post-50-0-51904900-1410006553_thumb.jpg

This is what Heather asked for: I used (as Scott properly suggested) 2 cabinets. I Blocked them together and specified in the Block dbx that they should be treated as a single cabinet. If the Cabinet Schedule includes "other" then the cabinet will show in the Schedule.

If you want to change the Description in the Cabinet Schedule - just open the Block's Component dbx and edit it there.

post-47-0-57752900-1410011304_thumb.png

post-47-0-50744500-1410011465_thumb.png

post-47-0-71631100-1410011641_thumb.png

Here's my take on what the OP has asked for.  In the images below I used a corner base with a diagonal front and then adjusted the dimensions by dragging the diagonal front corners until I got it where I wanted it.  Accidentally started with the cabinet as a frameless one and didn't notice that until later.  Note that I have the doors with 3/8" reveal so to get the OP's 12" side door dimensions, I made those side dimensions 12-3/4" total.  The diagonal door came out at about 17" wide as requested.  The only problem I see with doing the cabinet this way is that you can only have a toe kick on the front (diagonal) side if it is a corner cabinet.  I am not sure that that would have been the case if I had drug the original 36" x 36" corner base I started with out away from the corner and then made it an end cabinet before adjusting the dimensions.  I just added door panels to the sides as shown.

post-191-0-77676900-1410105171_thumb.jpg     post-191-0-02862500-1410105194_thumb.jpg    

post-191-0-24733600-1410105222_thumb.jpg     post-191-0-14716800-1410105249_thumb.jpg     post-191-0-88210500-1410105279_thumb.jpg

If the OP tries to drag the corner base out from the corner, change it to an end cabinet (if possible), then edit the dimensions, etc. as I did, maybe more toe kick will be available (if needed) than what I had available with the corner cabinet.  It would be nice to be able to have the option within the cabinet specification dbx of including hardware (pulls) on the side panels, even if they are unoperable and the pulls are only for looks.