Snap to point not working on one plan

waltsyd

I'm using x5 (just can't afford the upgrades). Not sure why my "snap to point" won't work on the plan I'm currently working on. It works on other plans. I have selected snap properties to snap to points and markers. What else am I missing? I can place points but I can't snap anything to them.

All snap types are enabled. I don't want to use a point marker; I'm using "place point". I can place a point but cannot connect cad, walls, ANYTHING to it. Other plans work fine. I just can't figure out if I have some setting wrong somewhere.

This is a new plan, just started yesterday. And I've already set up some different annotation sets, layers, etc. as this is a more complicated plan than my usual. So I hesitate to try that.

I'll try it though, because I use "place point" a lot to position things.

Broken again. This time I just start with a blank new plan. I place a "place point" (not a point marker). All is good. I can snap to that point. But as soon as I select an annotation set (other than the 1/4", 1/2", or 1/8", which work fine), the point can no longer be snapped to or selected, even if I select one of the three sets (1/4", 1/2", 1/8") that do not set off this behavior. The point is no longer selectable, period. This seems more like a true bug rather than user error, since I'm just using a blank plan. I also loaded a blank plan with a built-in profile and get the same result.

You can snap to a Place Point, but you cannot select a Place Point.

You can open it's dbx and move it with a double click - it will then become the current point.

When you use Place Point, it becomes the Current Point, ahead of all the other Place Points.

If you delete a Place Point the next previous Place Point becomes the current one.

You can't individually delete a Place Point, you can only use Delete to delete them going backwards in the drawing order, or you can delete them all with the Delete Temporary Points tool. 

Read the help file on Current Point.

The Place Point tool is probably the wrong tool to be using.

Try using the Point Marker tool instead.

And if you can't snap to or select a Point/Marker it is probably because the text, markers layer is locked.

Thanks glennw, I know all that. I can explain. I like Place Point because since I do a lot of asbuilt recreations, I might have a long list of measurements where I moved from point to point in the building. I can very easily recreate these points by using the "Input Point" tool. Then I can leisurely create parts of the building around these points. Finally, I can erase all the temporary points with one click. There are other situations where I just prefer to use them. That is not the...Point(!)  Point Markers are harder to deal with for me so I don't really use them very often. I am aware of the many other ways to accomplish what I am doing, so I will use those. But what I discovered is certainly a bug.

When I start a new drawing, I can snap to a Place Point on a drawing until I select certain built-in annotation sets, upon which time I cannot snap to any Place Point from then on, even when I close and reload the plan or select any other annotation set. That, I believe, is a bug.

6 hours ago, waltsyd said:

When I start a new drawing, I can snap to a Place Point on a drawing until I select certain built-in annotation sets, upon which time I cannot snap to any Place Point from then on, even when I close and reload the plan or select any other annotation set. That, I believe, is a bug.

Can you post the annotation sets that are causing the problem to see if others can duplicate the behaviour.