stairwells.

ThomasM

i know I have created stairwells in the past but for the life of me non of the help files apply to either my program or my layout.

i followed the reference floors instructions but the "reference floor display "is not selectable .   
I remember the last time I drew a curved railing around the stairs on the upper floor and it was ok but for the life of me I cant find instructions
that work.  been at if for at least an hour.. lol might be the caffeine but my nerves are shot trying to find what should be easily found.

i checked all tutorials I can find but cant find that one.  and the rest simply lead to choiced with greyed out choices or non existent autostairwell.
I deleted the stairs several times tying to find autostairwell tool.

time for some lavender tea.

Tom

3 hours ago, solver said:

Are you just venting, are do you have a specific question :)

Also a good idea to fill out your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left. 

Your version of Chief (X9, X10) (Premier, Interiors) is the important info.

Make sure you turn on View Signatures too.

on top of having a bad morning I dont like to ask questions that are easily found in help.
I know i found it before and was reluctant to ask but between my nerves and time i knew i needed help.
so it was in part vent and forgetting I didnt really ask a question.  I continued to look for the help page i needed but couldnt find it.
so im back from my rest.. determined to finish this and less caffeinated.  but now im still tired.

thank you

Tom

4 hours ago, solver said:

Are you just venting, are do you have a specific question :)

Also a good idea to fill out your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left. 

Your version of Chief (X9, X10) (Premier, Interiors) is the important info.

Make sure you turn on View Signatures too.

the help page I found the last time showed me how to draw a curved railing around the spiral stair case and then make it an open floor room or something like that.

40 minutes ago, solver said:

ct1.thumb.jpg.4d2b0ef2c4bd86bf6117b4715bc10d90.jpg

thank you again Eric.

I did find that page and not being able to find the auto stairwell tool led me on a chase to find out why lol.  it was like one thing after another.  i read plenty on that subject and still I am unable to find it.  deleted stairs and started over with no luck.  by mistake I deleted the lower level and had to start again.  this time I was able to find the display reference tool and was then able to continue with those instructions.  i now have the stairs good enough for me but have the wooden railing that was used to create the open on bottom room and the rails that came with the stairs.  so now my stairs have 2 rails on the upper floor.  if there is a fix for that I would like to learn it but for my purpose to give my customers a better tool for find the right apartments it works for now.

i really do appreciate your help.. thank you.

Tom

38 minutes ago, solver said:

Draw stairs and select them. Look at the Edit Toolbar (mine is docked up with the main toolbars).

ct1.thumb.jpg.1ee736621d8e2d9aeb8e6cb002e75a6f.jpg

If it's grayed out, the program thinks there already is a stairwell.

or it may only be available for when you draw stairs?  i inserted mine from the library.