How To Remove Drywall From Studded Walls

BeeoHat

I'm modelling my son's as-built house. The garage walls have not been finished with drywall, so the stud framing is visible. Same for the garage ceiling, only the trusses are visible.

Is there any way I can adjust the walls/ceiling, so that the drywall is removed/invisible in camera view, leaving the framing in view? I've tried setting the drywall thickness to zero, but that didn't work.

Am I missing something simple?

Just delete the drywall layer from the wall definition altogether. If you're using the same wall type with drywall somewhere else in the plan, create a new wall type with no drywall. To get the studs to show in camera view, you'll have to build the framing, otherwise Chief will just show a solid wood layer.

As for the ceiling, similar approach. Delete the drywall layer from the ceiling finish section of the room dbx. Again, you'll have to draw in the trusses to get them to show in the camera views.

EDIT: You may also need to turn on the framing layers in the Camera View Set to see the framing. They might not be on by default.

Levis,

I really appreciate the prompt response.

Just delete the drywall layer from the wall definition altogether. If you're using the same wall type with drywall somewhere else in the plan, create a new wall type with no drywall. To get the studs to show in camera view, you'll have to build the framing, otherwise Chief will just show a solid wood layer.

As for the ceiling, similar approach. Delete the drywall layer from the ceiling finish section of the room dbx. Again, you'll have to draw in the trusses to get them to show in the camera views.

EDIT: You may also need to turn on the framing layers in the Camera View Set to see the framing. They might not be on by default.

Thanks for the prompt response, Levis.

I followed your instructions re: the wall studs, making a new wall type with no drywall. But when i make the wall framing visible, some wall studs are randomly showing in other areas of the house, including through some windows.

And when I drew in the trusses, they disregarded a gable roof plane on one wall, and the trusses just protruded right through.

I've included some pics, as well as my plan.

I'm pretty sure I'm performing the various steps in some incorrect order, but I can't seem to get it right.

Any help is much appreciated.

Mark's Sept 2 w_ lower deck.plan.zip

post-567-0-58171300-1409759640_thumb.png

post-567-0-85686900-1409759658_thumb.png

post-567-0-97135700-1409759681_thumb.png

Thanks, Scott. That did the job for the "studs thru the window". Is there any similar simple fix for the trusses protruding through the gable roof plane?

they look good to me,  post a pic of the problem truss,  if I had to guess,  select the truss,  open dvx, and FORCE REBUILD.

Scott, I think you're right. This my very first go at constructing a roof truss, and I hadn't first constructed a truss base. I'm reviewing the reference guide now. Meanwhile, do you have any related videos on YouTube? I find them so instructive.