Changed SQ M text to m2

3dvisual007

On 11/11/2018 at 9:57 AM, 3dvisual007 said:

Hi,

It is possible to change from plan bottom area:

SQ M text to M2

Rgds

It is best to post questions to the Q&A Forum , the Tips Forum is for suggesting Tips to Other Users which is likely why no one Answered.

It is a hard-coded Label produced with the macro %Living.Area% and as such Users can not change it but.....

You could NOT use the Living Area Label , in Defaults>Plan and instead use a Polyline Box / Exterior Room Polyline with a Macro for the Area instead.

1. Click on outside perimeter, create living area polyline, (or if you want room area - select a room,) hit "Make Standard Area Polyline" button.
  2. Create a macro in the TMM Applet e.g. called polylineArea with this text.....  area.round(2)   make it elevated , with context Referenced Object
  3. assigned this new macro "%PolylineArea%" to your polyline label or use a Leader Line, and add the m2 after the Macro in the Text Box.
  4. Adjust you polylines to whatever area you want calculating, hide when done using Layer control and assignment.

Other will likely have better Macros too as there are numerous ways to do this......

image.thumb.png.289e69fccd45b2af332c935ad3461040.png

***exported some Macros I had for areas.....use TMM to import the File into your Plan/Template......  Area Calc Macros.json

Do a Forum search on Area Macros but a bit more info here for how to hide the arrows :

25 minutes ago, 3dvisual007 said:

Thank you for feedback :)

Ok, understand, but if is it possible to change this area automatically?

I mean, if we add walls and in bottom area we see automatically calculated area and end of numbers is "m2" not "sqm" ?

Yes.  It's not a perfect solution, but use the Living Area label and just add "%standard_area% M2" to that label.  You'll just have to mask the automatically produced portion of the label with some CAD or drag the label border way down so that portion is outside your view.  This results in all text at one single height though so if you want 2 different text heights, delete the "Living Area" text and just place that part manually.

2 hours ago, 3dvisual007 said:

Thank you for feedback :)

Ok, understand, but if is it possible to change this area automatically?

I mean, if we add walls and in bottom area we see automatically calculated area and end of numbers is "m2" not "sqm" ?

Sorry , in my 1st post I missed the fact the Living Area Label is a hard-coded Label produced with the macro %Living.Area% and as such Users can not change it , it is why most turn it Off under Defaults>Plans and do as I suggested above. ( or Micheal's workaround above )

Also, it's good to have your Forum Signature filled in, especially with the Software Version, and of course a real Name is nice too :) ..............
See mine below in Blue for how to do that.

If you don't see my Signature below then you have them turned off for the Forum, so you need to Toggle it on by going to the Upper RH Corner of this Forum Window ^^^^ and Clicking on your Username and making sure Signature is enabled (green) and then Add your Own Sig. too :

UserName> Account > Signatures

M.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Hi there,

I was looking for a solution and found it.

So, here the detailed additional info for other users:

- enter the value "%internal_area.round(2)% m2" in the "edit/default settings/floors and room/room label/text" for as per *.plan basis

or

- enter the value "%internal_area.round(2)% m2" in the"cad/text/text macro management/new" as new general macro "Area with m2"

This you can then enter in default settings again or in "Living Area Polyline"

Uncheck Active View "Rooms Interior Area" and/or "Rooms Standard Area", to avoid double values.

Hope this helps someone further.

Regards.

Some screenshots and Marco itself:

1072402744_ChiefArchitectRoomAreaUnitinm2-1.thumb.jpg.126ee1f5280bb78174feb44862996b6a.jpg

941629185_ChiefArchitectRoomAreaUnitinm2-2.thumb.jpg.2752cb609aa6f6779bcd47a5de266b9b.jpg

Area with m2.json