Wrapping stairs around an exterior landing

GeertDC

I have a exterior landing that connects to an exterior wall with a door. I lowered the landing 2" from the floor level inside to create a small step-down at the door. The landing has wrap around stairs to the terrain.

At first I had a hard time making the stairs wrap. No matter what I tried the three stair sections would not completely wrap. At times, only two would wrap.

In the stairs specification dialog "Allow Wrap" was set.

After a lot of frustrating trial & error I found the issue, and a workaround.

The issue:
In my case, unchecking "Auto Adjust Height When Connected to Stairs" in the landing and changing the "Top Height" causes stairs attached to the landing to no longer wrap.

Workaround:
1. Create the landing and the stair sections without adjusting the "Top Height" of the landing. The stair sections should wrap.
2. Uncheck "Auto Adjust Height When Connected to Stairs" in the landing and change the "Top Height" to the required value. The stair sections will stop wrapping.
3. Select all stair sections. In the stairs Advanced Options, uncheck "Automatic Heights".
4. Check "Auto Adjust Height When Connected to Stairs" again in the landing. The stair sections will  wrap again.

Wrapping stairs around an exterior landing.PNG

• Like 1