Macro people, is there a way...

Renerabbitt

to make a label that automatically numbers sequentially? I've been doing my annotations in layout and though I can get a label to have automatic page numbering pointing to the layout page label, I would like the number of the label to automatically number as well.

I'm not sure in layout but then I'm not a Rubymeister either. You know of course you can use the plant schedule thing, in plan, for notes and get numbering that way. GerryT posted a proof of concept last July? might have been June or August with plan notes using Ruby. It works but a bit to set up.

When I was using 2020 numbering was more of a headache than it is in Chief. To get around that I used Bluebeam PDF revu. Has an assortment of sequence tools available and can be customized. I still use that on occasion. Just set these up in BB now-3 minutes.

Sequences.png

3 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

to make a label that automatically numbers sequentially?

Not in practicality ?

This is only possible in X10 but if you close the plan and reopen the sequence will re-number in a different order.

So -- more trouble than its worth.

Just as a quick aside here, I know you were talking about placing notes in Layout Rene, but for those placing notes in plan, there have been quite a few developments over the last few version that made it a lot easier to use a broad range of objects (not just plants) along with their schedules...including architectural blocks even. 

3 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Just as a quick aside here, I know you were talking about placing notes in Layout Rene, but for those placing notes in plan, there have been quite a few developments over the last few version that made it a lot easier to use a broad range of objects (not just plants) along with their schedules...including architectural blocks even. 

Thanks Michael as always, I'll shoot you an email one of these days when I catch up to my workload! always appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2018 at 12:41 PM, Alaskan_Son said:

Hey Michael, in this video: 

Tim shows us a macro that has auto-numbering presumably setup for details. This is what I am looking for! Is it autonumbering by number of plan views on the sheet? he says he purchased it from you!