Additional display monitors

builtright3

I had issues with that on my last laptop which had Optimus and an Intel card. Found it was dependant on which type of cable hence which ports I plugged into. What I gathered was some ports ( most) used the Intel card. Most trouble was with DisplayPort. Forgot had a mess of ports DVI with a jack converter worked but don't see those nowadays. YMMV. 

If you don't need a big second or 3rd, a DisplayLink monitor works fine since those run off the CPU. 

Did 

50 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

I had issues with that on my last laptop which had Optimus and an Intel card. Found it was dependant on which type of cable hence which ports I plugged into. What I gathered was some ports ( most) used the Intel card. Most trouble was with DisplayPort. Forgot had a mess of ports DVI with a jack converter worked but don't see those nowadays. YMMV. 

If you don't need a big second or 3rd, a DisplayLink monitor works fine since those run off the CPU. 

Did you only have the issues when you were working with 3D views? It appears that is it only problem with mine at this time. 

Can you describe the issues you are having?  You don't really give us much to go on here.  That system looks like it can handle quite a bit.  The CPU generally handles more work rendering 3D views that use vector view, while the GPU handles more work in standard view.  I'm not sure how other views are run, like physically based rendering.  However at 6 cores and 12 threads, I don't see that being a bottleneck, even at a slower 2.2 GHz base clock.

I would check to see that you have the latest video card drivers installed, and if you do, try uninstalling and reinstalling them.  Other than that I'll need more detail from you.

The computer is plenty powerful enough. The resolution settings match the two additional monitors. Nvidia is set for triple display and I only have the one graphics card so its not like my other computers where I would have the standard display card and the Navidia as an optional.

Everything is fine until I move the perspective view in the larger displays and then I get that stinking white screen! Never had this issue with any of my past 6 laptops.

Bummer!

I'm more then sure that is is a Chief software issue. I will call tec again in the morning.

Not sure what more information I can give anyone to get more help. 3D Works fine on the laptop screen but locks up when I move the 3D view to either of the additional display monitors. Once and while I can get it to work, not sure why. I've tried all different ways. I installed, reinstalled and updated video cards and CA several times. Always have the same issues. Tried every setting I can think of.

Wondering- do you have Gsync enabled? don't need it. Are the other monitors also 144hz? I don't know if that matters or not? Came across one post over on Notebookreview where there were issues with erratic behavior where FPS bounced from 120 to 20 and back every few seconds and the GPU clocked bounced form 1400 into 1700. Was in a game so again-I have no idea.

you say

2 hours ago, builtright3 said:

I get that stinking white screen!

Is that with PBR renders? or other?. I sometimes have PBRs go south but usually black. Switching to vector and back usually fixes that.

If the laptop doesn't use Optimus and only has the Nvidia 1070 card , then my guess would be either poor quality cables ( HDMI? Mini Display port?) or you are exceeding the max Resolution / Bandwidth with 3 monitors hooked up ...what happens with only two ? ie laptop and 1 extra screen...

You haven't said what resolution the other two screens are eg 4K , QHD or FHD or their hz ratings either 120hz 60 hz? ....

M.