• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    lyssekelley
    Newest Member
    lyssekelley

• By ChiefArchitect
      Chief Architect provides Bay, Box, and Bow Window tools to make it easy to place these directly into your designs. You can also manually create protruding windows using walls and room definitions to control the details of the space.
    • By brookesdesign
      I'm trying to create this detail of a bay window and I'm having a heck of a time figuring out how to do it.  If I could do an upside down hip roof on the bottom bay window with a raised floor.   I'm an advanced beginner so I appreciate any help!  

• By Doug_N
      I have a two-story building that I am designing and it has a bay window on the first and second floor that aligns with the first floor.  The first floor window has been replaced by a sliding patio door.  I can see no way of putting a door in the walls generated by the bay window option.  You may delete a window, or insert another window, but not a door.  

Is there a way to do this, other than to replace the bay window with discrete walls?
    • By TuckersDad
      Hi all,

I'm doing a kitchen reno and trying to add bumpout windows behind the sinks using the box window tool in CA x10. The bumpouts will be the size of a double casement window and will be 6" deep, i.e. like taking a 48"w x 48"h window and pushing it out 6", with the floor of the box raised 36" and the ceiling of the box lowered 18". I'm running into 2 problems:

1. Using the box window tool CA will only let me shrink the depth of the box to 8", even after removing the side windows. Do you know of a way to override this?
      2. When I shrink the depth to the minimum allowed and raise the floor and lower the ceiling, the side walls of the box extend down to the floor as seen in the screen shot. This only happens when the depth is shrunk to 8", if it's deeper than that then it works fine.

When I couldn't figure out how to fix this I tried building the box window manually and ran into a similar problem. I can build a box window that's deeper than I want but when I shrink it down to 6" depth the box window becomes "absorbed" into the main room and the walls extend to the floor. Any suggestions on how to build these bumpouts?

Thanks,
      Gary
    • By TuckersDad
      Hi all,

I'm doing a kitchen reno and trying to add bumpout windows behind the sinks using the box window tool in CA x10. The bumpouts will be the size of a double casement window and will be 6" deep, i.e. like taking a 48"w x 48"h window and pushing it out 6", with the floor of the box raised 36" and the ceiling of the box lowered 18". I'm running into 2 problems:

1. Using the box window tool CA will only let me shrink the depth of the box to 8", even after removing the side windows. Do you know of a way to override this?
      2. When I shrink the depth to the minimum allowed and raise the floor and lower the ceiling, the side walls of the box extend down to the floor as seen in the screen shot. This only happens when the depth is shrunk to 8", if it's deeper than that then it works fine.

When I couldn't figure out how to fix this I tried building the box window manually and ran into a similar problem. I can build a box window that's deeper than I want but when I shrink it down to 6" depth the box window becomes "absorbed" into the main room and the walls extend to the floor. Any suggestions on how to build these bumpouts?

Thanks,
      Gary