Windows 10 users: How do you always hide the taskbar when in Chief?

GeneDavis

34 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

Thanks to both of you.  I restarted Windows, and the problem seems to have gone away.  I opened Chief, and to be safe, dragged its bottom edge up out of rage of the Windows taskbar.

Gene,

Chief set to "Full Screen" - the little rectangle at the upper corner - should fill all space except the "Taskbar".  If you have the little "double rectangle" showing then Chief is resizeable and could accidently interfere with the Taskbar.

• Upvote 1

I have the same Problem intermittently  and end up dragging it above the Taskbar too , then try again at a later time , not sure if all these Win10 Updates resets something or not , or what else may cause it ...seems worse with X10 though...but again win10 has progressed too so......

M.

I use a 32" as my primary and have never felt the need to hide it.  I'd actually much rather it be visible because I am always switching windows, and opening a lot of pinned programs.  There are many more benefits to a larger monitor.

There is also a setting to lock the taskbar location, so you don't end up grabbing it unintentionally and dragging it around.

6 hours ago, KervinHomeDesign said:

I use a 32" as my primary and have never felt the need to hide it.  I'd actually much rather it be visible because I am always switching windows, and opening a lot of pinned programs.  There are many more benefits to a larger monitor.

I also pin my programs to the taskbar.  That way you can right click on them and, with many programs, see a list of 12 recent files and pick the one

to open with.

This works with MS Word, Excel, and Notepad,Adobe Reader, and Paintshop as well as CA.

This is a real time saver for me.

10 hours ago, JJohnson said:

I also pin my programs to the taskbar.  That way you can right click on them and, with many programs, see a list of 12 recent files and pick the one

to open with.

This works with MS Word, Excel, and Notepad,Adobe Reader, and Paintshop as well as CA.

This is a real time saver for me.

I never knew that feature.  I'll be using it a lot now, thanks.

Another screen sizing trick for folks who use keyboard more than mouse (I'm from command line AutoCad).  This is valid in Windows 7, I would assume it translates in Windows 10.

Hold the Windows Key and press arrow up for maximizing screen where it is currently located.  Right/Left will shift to half-screen or the next monitor in multi setup.  Down will return to original size, then minimize on second press.

I find this easier/more intuitive than the drag and hold/snaps from the mouse, especially on laptops.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1