Need a good way to import custom layout?

madcowscarnival

When I first started using Chief, I modified the default layout title block to look roughly similar to mine.  I've thought about it for a while, but would like to finally make them "match" as I still readily mix and match pages from CAD and Chief in a plan set.  I took my default title block, set all lines to default width, same layer, same color and saved to a blank file.  Imported that file into Chief on a drawing page, then cut/pasted into the layout view.  Whoa.  Not a good look, not sure what happened, lines have huge widths, some disappeared.  Is there a guide I could go through, or has someone else done such a thing, short of fully recreating natively in Chief?

22 hours ago, madcowscarnival said:

When I first started using Chief, I modified the default layout title block to look roughly similar to mine.  I've thought about it for a while, but would like to finally make them "match" as I still readily mix and match pages from CAD and Chief in a plan set.  I took my default title block, set all lines to default width, same layer, same color and saved to a blank file.  Imported that file into Chief on a drawing page, then cut/pasted into the layout view.  Whoa.  Not a good look, not sure what happened, lines have huge widths, some disappeared.  Is there a guide I could go through, or has someone else done such a thing, short of fully recreating natively in Chief?

No reason to do any of that, you will waste a lot more time. Take a CAD page, generate PDF. Import PDF directly into a layout template page [e.g. page 0]. Now, spend 20 minutes tops... tracing over CAD existing lines and rectangles with line and rectangle tool and add fields as needed, adjusting line thickness to match background template. Most, even very complicated templates rarely take more than 10 minutes to clone. Adobe PDF software will show you the exact font and size. Cloning existing layout template takes very little time at all. 

I use CA to reproduce California/UT mansions from RedFin. When I started, the original default templates s*cked [I wanted to test production of nice quality con docs], found decent PDF, cloned it.

BT

I am not an architect and this is my hobby.

Mansion250mil.jpg