butting base cabinets of unequal depth with a clipped corner

Colonelkeds

I am trying to butt an 18" deep x 20" high base (window seat) with 6" clipped corner against a 12" deep tall bookcase cabinet, but as soon as the cabinets touch, the clipped corner becomes squared. It comes back when cabinets are moved 1" apart. I tried a 1" filler, but the clip disappears then as well. How can I make this work? I also want a clipped countertop to die into the bookcase. Can this be done?

1 hour ago, Colonelkeds said:

I am trying to butt an 18" deep x 20" high base (window seat) with 6" clipped corner against a 12" deep tall bookcase cabinet, but as soon as the cabinets touch, the clipped corner becomes squared. It comes back when cabinets are moved 1" apart. I tried a 1" filler, but the clip disappears then as well. How can I make this work? I also want a clipped countertop to die into the bookcase. Can this be done?

For both sides clipped, keep the cabinet away from any others. With it not selected hold shift key and select it, then makes architectural block (icon at bottom), for clip one side only push the other side against a cabinet so clip goes away, shift select, block. For either move into place. 

To edit cabinet once block, select then tab to select the cabinet instead of block, open object. 

48 minutes ago, Colonelkeds said:

I am trying to learn CA Interiors X9 trial version. We do very custom cabinets and have a lot of unique situations, which led me to CA Pro. I want to use the program primarily as a visualization tool for my clients.

Missed, part, yes you can make counter work may need custom countertop depending what you meant 

Hi end cabinets get Chief Architect Premier IMO.