Electrical Symbols

LeahPugh

The callouts for the electrical symbols (threeway, dimmer, timer, etc) do not change scale with the electrical labels. I am working in 1/4" scale and the symbols are tiny. I am receiving complaints from my builder that they cant read the symbols.  Is there a way to change the size on the symbols?

Electrical symbols.jpg

You will need to edit the 2D cad blocks to you liking and assign them to the symbols and then save them to your user library where they can be referenced to be used as electrical defaults.  You can customize the symbol as well as the font for size and font color but unfortunately only one default for each plan template as far as I know.

9 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

You will need to edit the 2D cad blocks to you liking and assign them to the symbols and then save them to your user library where they can be referenced to be used as electrical defaults.  You can customize the symbol as well as the font for size and font color but unfortunately only one default for each plan template as far as I know.

This is correct. So far, the only symbol that I've changed the cad block for is the ceiling smoke detectors. 99.9% of my plans are done at 1/4" scale and it's real difficult to see the smoke detectors. I've edited the cad block for smoke detectors and placed them in my user library.