text boxes re-format when opening on a different computer with different screen resolution

Renerabbitt

Called up text support for this, someone I collaborate with has a different screen monitor and whenever he opens my plans and layouts the text gets screwed up, word wrapping occurs, text goes off of the page..very frustrating. 

Any bright ideas here would help. Tried cad blocking, tried un-checking auto width, no matter what the problem occurs.

Select a Text object, click Match Properties, check the box for Object type (Rich Text) and click okay to select all Rich Text objects that are displayed. 

You can also optionally activate the Rich Text tool and Shift Select everything in your view to group select only Rich Text or do the same thing with the Text tool selected to select both Text and Rich Text objects. 

19 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

Called up text support for this, someone I collaborate with has a different screen monitor and whenever he opens my plans and layouts the text gets screwed up, word wrapping occurs, text goes off of the page..very frustrating. 

Rene, I've not run into this but am concerned since I know that some folks I deal with will have different settings. Wondering what res, size and what scale you are both using. Maybe post something? I'd like to try it.

FWIW I use 3 monitors all with different resolution-1920 x 1080, 2560 x 1440, 1920 x 1200. It could be that on my end that works because I use a monitor manager which won't help you. IT may also be ALL are set to 100% scale. It's possible I had problems with different scale settings on each but have CRS so can't say.

• 2 years later...

@Renerabbitt - Did you ever find a solution to this?  I'm having the same issue when I do work on my laptop at home then plug in to a larger monitor in the office.  They are both set to 1920x1080 and 100% scale but it keeps happening and is very frustrating when I have to check my text boxes every time I re-open a file!

I hadn't thought to do a Match Properties sweep to grab them all at the same time.  I was going into each box separately and clicking ok so it would reset.  Hoping for a better solution that will actually fix the problem if you have found one in the past few years!

1 hour ago, CElder said:

@Renerabbitt - Did you ever find a solution to this?  I'm having the same issue when I do work on my laptop at home then plug in to a larger monitor in the office.  They are both set to 1920x1080 and 100% scale but it keeps happening and is very frustrating when I have to check my text boxes every time I re-open a file!

I hadn't thought to do a Match Properties sweep to grab them all at the same time.  I was going into each box separately and clicking ok so it would reset.  Hoping for a better solution that will actually fix the problem if you have found one in the past few years!

I believe not using Auto Width or Auto Height also prevents that issue.

• Like 1