Framing with Steel Posts

stephenbc

Is it possible to get CA to recognize steel posts (HSS) when one frames a wall, or is this just something we have to clean up manually?  Perhaps I'm missing something, but what I'm getting is framing that simply ignores the posts that I've placed.

19 hours ago, stephenbc said:

Is it possible to get CA to recognize steel posts (HSS) when one frames a wall, or is this just something we have to clean up manually?  Perhaps I'm missing something, but what I'm getting is framing that simply ignores the posts that I've placed.

What do you want it to do relative to the post you place?  Unfortunately, Chief does not adjust the repetitive wall framing around added posts, nor does it show the manually placed post in the framing detail of the wall.

Send them a Feature Request!  We don't often use wall framing, and we don't do material takeoffs.  But if you do, I can see why this would matter. 

How to submit a Feature Request?  I believe you just write to Tech Support the same way you would report a bug or other issue.  Maybe one of the Chief Dudes will correct me if I'm wrong about the procedure.