Individual Door Labels X10

JonathanK

I feel like I should know the answer to this question, but I haven't used Chief in a little over a year.  Now I'm starting to dabble again part time.

Anyways...can I change the size of an individual door label?  I put the door on it's own layer, changed the label type in the layer settings to be a bigger size, but it's still a door...and therefore uses the Door, Labels layer.

Sorry for the lack of pictures...I'm not on the computer that has Chief on it.

9 minutes ago, JonathanK said:

I feel like I should know the answer to this question, but I haven't used Chief in a little over a year.  Now I'm starting to dabble again part time.

Anyways...can I change the size of an individual door label?  I put the door on it's own layer, changed the label type in the layer settings to be a bigger size, but it's still a door...and therefore uses the Door, Labels layer.

Sorry for the lack of pictures...I'm not on the computer that has Chief on it.

If it is just one door it maybe easier to turn the Label OFF and use a Rich Text Box instead?

M.

Ah yes, this is how I used to do it in the old days.

But with the new macros and saving time, etc... this was an issue that came up.

It was just a thought...if there's no easy way to do it, I'll just move on and work-around.

On 10/24/2018 at 9:10 AM, JonathanK said:

but it's still a door...and therefore uses the Door, Labels layer.

That appears to be the Issue , you can make and define a new Door Label Layer and Text Style but you can't make the Door Use it it seems.... perhaps one for the Suggestions Forum?

M.

On 10/24/2018 at 9:33 AM, Alaskan_Son said:

You can also use a referenced text macro along with a callout or text box...

5bd09e83cb5a6_testpic.thumb.jpg.07a7579e3f8acfd47041e7608831e5cd.jpg

Label test.plan

Finally had a chance to check your Plan Michael , I didn't notice the top Call Out is larger in your Pic yesterday but I am curious how it is Referencing the Door ...for the Macro to work?

I can do it with a Text Arrow or Leader line using the invisible line type to hide the Arrow but I don't see that in use on your Callout.? ***

*** make a layer called Hidden , then assign the Arrows to it , then turn that layer's Display Off

I assume the Brick texture/Solid was for Johnny's post yesterday?

image.thumb.png.9ba422d68e3beb4cb07c81f687a36890.png

M.

38 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Hey Mick, 

No.  That brick pattern is totally unrelated to this thread or Johnny’s.  

And I just placed my arrow onto a special “HIDDEN” layer and  probably just turned that layer off. I don’t actually remember though. 

You are correct !  you have a layer called Hidden , which I never thought to look for..... thought you had a new Trick up your Sleeve.....thanks for the reply...

M.