Time to Show YOUR GOODIES!

Adrean

Been foolin around again. Does this illusion work for anyone?

Ray Trace-37-NT-Crop.png

What we have here is a model and a background but no terrain

perimeter has been created. In essence the model is hovering in

space in front of the background. I had to remove all the footings

from the foundation so the bottom of the model was flat. And the

sun has to be at your back because there is no terrain to cast shadows

upon. If I reposition the model in relation to the background you can see

what's really going on.

SV-5.png

20 hours ago, jonboy112352 said:

Palms RT kitchen to living rm 2.21.17.jpg

Jonboy I like the shot, simple and elegant.  I wanted to ask how did you achieve the natural light meaning how lit up the whole room is? ray-trace contrast settings or added lights or?  If you don't mind sharing the settings/lights you used, wanted to achieve something similar but been having a hard time, pre raytrace room is very lit but afterwards much darker and post ray-trace settings don't help achieve what it is I'm looking for.

thanks ahead of time!

Properties 

Intensity  44-48

Softness 0

color 0

Brightness 47 -48

Contrast 52-54

Saturation 47-48

Light

Ambient Occlusion  .02    high 6.

Nothing else Orlando center stairs Fireplace RT 2.17.17  WM.jpg   a bit or trial and error

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, jonboy112352 said:

Properties 

Intensity  44-48

Softness 0

color 0

Brightness 47 -48

Contrast 52-54

Saturation 47-48

Light

Nothing else Orlando center stairs Fireplace RT 2.17.17  WM.jpg   a bit or trial and error

What about the settings of individual lights, sorry for all the questions just got really curious.

Sorry forgot to get back to on the lighting .. I just played around with the settings until I got to what I liked ... lamps I left never adjusted them ..

I have found that one setting will not always work for the next view you RT everyone have different setting ... intensity  is the one that will lighten or darken. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2017 at 3:25 PM, jonboy112352 said:

Properties 

Intensity  44-48

Softness 0

color 0

Brightness 47 -48

Contrast 52-54

Saturation 47-48

Light

this is looking pretty darn good, two suggestions, put one of the eased edge moldings on your countertop to soften it up a bit, and add a bump map to the carpet..you can grab a simple one by googling carpet bump map

On 12/4/2016 at 3:32 PM, johnny said:

Very cool.  Id like to do something like this for all my standard details as well.

I agree.  Very nice and I hope that we will have something like this for our office someday.

David:

Where did you find the pantry door glass.  I was looking for one like that a few weeks back but couldn't find one that good.  Nice RT by the way ... very bright ... no one will be napping in that kitchen.

Yeah I was having a lot of trouble finding the pantry door as well. I ended up doing a google search and stumbled upon this: http://i.imgur.com/qeb2f1R.jpg

I simply cropped the glass and created a new material from the cropped image. Once created, I applied the new material to the glass portion of the door and adjusted the transparency to my liking. Worked out perfectly in my opinion :) 

15 minutes ago, CJSpud said:

David:

Where did you find the pantry door glass.  I was looking for one like that a few weeks back but couldn't find one that good.  Nice RT by the way ... very bright ... no one will be napping in that kitchen.

David:

Thanks ... I am going to go grab that one while it's fresh on my mind. 

Several years ago I spent some time on the Internet looking for pantry door glass and actually had a pretty good collection I saved.  Unfortunately, a little carelessness on opening an email earlier this year wiped them out along with a whole BIG bunch of other stuff I'd accumulated with regards to Chief ... ransomware was the cuprit ... and there was no way I was going to pay the ransom for a decryption key that there was no guarantee would even be sent or would work, if sent.  A hard lesson learned on my part.

Nice find, Curt! 

Within that PDF you linked, they actually provide a link (sanssoucie.com/pantrydoors) where you can view all their doors in full height.

As for the Pantry door in my plan, it's at 28" wide. 

7 minutes ago, CJSpud said:

Was poking around after capturing your glass image and found this brochure with some variation of artwork:

https://www.sanssoucie.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Sans_Soucie_Pantry_Laundry_Wine_Doors.pdf

What size door did you use in your plan.  The image makes it look like about a 24" wide door ... or maybe a tad wider.

Thanks, Ross. 

I did come across this post, however it appears as though it's X9? I'm still on X8 unfortunately. 

3 minutes ago, Rosco2017 said:

@CJSpud and @DavidJames A while back Michael @Alaskan_Son took the time to draw one up for me. Here is the post. He took the time out of his day to do that for me and I was very thankful. If this works or is what you're looking for, send him a little "gift" via his pay pal. 

• 3 months later...